× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to link readyshare vault from laptop to router

swooshtx
Follower

Unable to link readyshare vault from laptop to router

Hi all, I acutually have the XR450 Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router, but it is not an option above. I assume it is similar enough for the purpose of needing help, so I'll get to the million dollar question.

How do I make the readyshare vault software on my laptop (which is connected via wifi) find the usb hdd connected to the router?

While logged into the router using the Dumas OS I can see the seagate backup drive under the USB options and I added it as a trusted device. I didnt tic the option to only allow use of trusted devices.

I have uninstalled my Bitdefender and only use windows defender for security. It is not disabled though since I never had a problem with it blocking things. 

I'm not sure what to do next and the only back up location using the vault remains the C:

Thanks

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Unable to link readyshare vault from laptop to router

Could you provide a screenshot of the USB Storage page on the router please as well as a screenshot of the backup section on the vault software with show more details clicked for select backup drive please?
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7