× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to watch BT HD TV error IPC 6023 using Netgear XR500

edddennis
Aspirant

Unable to watch BT HD TV error IPC 6023 using Netgear XR500

Hello all,

I have recently purchase the XR500 and immediately I am encountering numerous errors which are very frustrating - was not expecting to have such issues and needing to have done mountains of homework before buying one of these. 

However, I am wanting to give it my best shot.

I'm seeing various posts online and no real clear answer. Since buying my XR500 my BT HD channels are not working and throwing up error IPC 6023 which never happened with standard BT issue router. 

Has anyone got a definitive answer for how to resolve this? My modem is Huawei (BT Openreach). 

Would really like to fix it but since this router doesn't work with my Google Nest product either I may have to reluctantly return or sell the router as it's more hassle than it's worth.

Thanks in advance to any responses. 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Unable to watch BT HD TV error IPC 6023 using Netgear XR500

Glad to hear that is working. The Nest may only be able to connect to 2.4GHz so disable Smart Connect in WiFi settings and connect it manually to 2.4GHz and see if that works. Port forwarding shouldn't be necessary as UPnP is enabled by default. Speeds could be due to your QoS settings but check the Device Manager table view (click the 3 line horizontal icon) and see what the link speeds are for the ports, if they're restricted to 100Mbps you'll need to try different ethernet cables to get better speeds.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

not sure with the pro-gamer xr500 but have you tried enabling the IPTV options? 

There's different vlan options depending on your isp, for example:

How do I configure my Nighthawk router to support Deutsche Telekom Internet and IPTV services? | Ans...

Configuring VLAN IPTV setup on your Nighthawk router | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Might be worth checking on your isp's site/forum for the proper setup for vlan and your isp. 

Message 2 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Some ISPs require that their router is used in order for their TV service to work, do you know if this is the case? You can try the above as well, that may work. Otherwise toggling SIP ALG and IGMP Proxying might help.

What is the issue you're having with Nest exactly?
Message 3 of 6
edddennis
Aspirant

Hi thanks - i have sorted it for now. I have disabled "Disable IGMP Proxying" and ticked enable BT Proxying which seems to have done the trick. Hopefully can my issues resolved 1 by 1 as i want the router optimized to it's best capability.

Message 4 of 6
edddennis
Aspirant

CHanged the Disable IGMP Proxying setting and it worked. SO happy i was about to lose my s**t. 

Google Nest just keeps saying cannot connect to wi-fi and i've tried all sorts. My have another look at the forums since i'm on a roll with BT TV.

Just need to get my head around port forwarding and getting my speed back to 150mb cos it's dropped to 90 since changing to this router :catsad:

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Glad to hear that is working. The Nest may only be able to connect to 2.4GHz so disable Smart Connect in WiFi settings and connect it manually to 2.4GHz and see if that works. Port forwarding shouldn't be necessary as UPnP is enabled by default. Speeds could be due to your QoS settings but check the Device Manager table view (click the 3 line horizontal icon) and see what the link speeds are for the ports, if they're restricted to 100Mbps you'll need to try different ethernet cables to get better speeds.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series