× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'type' of undefined

PieCaptain
Guide

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'type' of undefined

I've started getting an error when trying to load hybrid VPN settings

"Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'type' of undefined"

The result is that the client list doesn't load

I've found some mentions from 2018 about bitdefender causng it, but, i don't use bit defender

I get it on Chrome and Edge, and have rebooted my router several times, but to no avail. I'd like to avoid resetting if possible.

Board ModelFirmware VersionDumaOS Name

NETGEAR XR500
V2.3.2.40-C424a
A7Legit

V2.3.2.56 is available, but the notes don't suggest that they address this issue

Cheers!

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sorry to hear you're having this issue, did you have a device added there previously with a specific name/device type and then upgraded the router and the name changed or something along those lines? If so then the only way to fix it would be to name the device and give it the type that it had before. Otherwise you'll have to do a reset. Personally I'd recommend upgrading to the .56 version and doing a reset as it is good practice to do a reset after an update to ensure there are no issue brought over from the previous firmware. That would kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
Message 2 of 7
PieCaptain
Guide

Well, I couldnt sleep, so i backed up my settings and tried upgrading the firmware, error persisted.

Did a factoy Reset, Issue went away.

Restored my settings, and could still access the client list for hybrid VPN ith no error.

However, the wrong clients were showing (2 of my sart plugs had replaced the two windows clients I had pointed through the VPN.

I had previously deleted one of the clients from Device manager, maybe that caused the issue?

Message 3 of 7
PieCaptain
Guide

"did you have a device added there previously with a specific name/device type and then upgraded the router and the name changed or something along those lines?"

yes, i deleted it from device manager

Message 4 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Just a note to remember for the future it's not a good idea to restore using a backup from a previous firmware as they may work differently. It's best when doing a reset to just set up from scratch and then make a back up so if you reset on that same firmware then you can restore. Yes the deletion likely caused it.
Message 5 of 7
PieCaptain
Guide

i know, it just takes ages haha

Is it possible to raise a feature request to that device manager is a bit more integrated?

E.G. deleting an device also removes it from anywhere else it might be

and renaming a device renames it everywere (e.g. in LAN setup/DHCP settings)

oh, and doing DHCP reservations from device manager too?

Message 6 of 7
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

In the future we'd like to have these features integrated more neatly between the Netgear firmware and DumaOS.

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7