× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'type' of undefined

MATTNESS
Tutor

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'type' of undefined

"Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'type' of undefined"

Has anyone else gotten this message when going into the "Hybrid VPN" setting pane? The message goes away when you click the "OK" button on the bottom right of the message box, and the VPN itself appears to be working without issue, but the devices with the VPN applied don't show up in the "Devices" section, just a spinning wheel. 

Hasnt impacted performance in anyway that i've noticed, but it has been happening since that "DumaOS Not Loaded Yet" issue was fixed the other week. 

I have tried a factory reset just in case, though i havn't rolled back to a previous FW to see if that would work, but i have tried re-installing 2.3.2.56

Cheers 🙂

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
MATTNESS
Tutor

Re: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'type' of undefined

Sorry for the mega slow reply, turns out it was actually a browser issue. Just cleared the browser data and it was honkey dorey.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

So just to clarify, the message appears on VPN Hybrid but the feature works fine and Device Manager infinity loads and a factory reset didn't fix this at all? It should have usually. Did you have a device added to the VPN Hybrid that was deleted or name/type changed?
Message 2 of 4
MATTNESS
Tutor

Sorry for the mega slow reply, turns out it was actually a browser issue. Just cleared the browser data and it was honkey dorey.

Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Great to hear that, thanks for letting us know!
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7