× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unknown error

Manuellll
Apprentice

Unknown error

someone knows that this error gives me my xr500?

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'removeChild' of null

Message 1 of 52
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It is likely nothing to be concerned with. How often does it appear? Does it go away after saying okay?
Message 2 of 52
Manuellll
Apprentice

it is done every time I log into the router gives me that message, another question I broke the cable provided with the netgear cat5e FTP router if I replace it with a cat5e UTP is it a problem could interefernere the router with the modem? 

Message 3 of 52
FURRYe38
Guru

What browser are you using? 

Does this happen after a factory reset? 

What FW version is loaded on the router? 

Message 4 of 52
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Is it on any particular page of the router? When did it start to occur?

FTP cables can remove interference but it should be fine to use a UTP cable.
Message 5 of 52
Manuellll
Apprentice

I use google crhome, I did the factory reset, FW the V2.3.2.56, the screen appears on the main page of the router as soon as I open it

Message 6 of 52
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Does the page appear on every device that you connect from? Have you tried any different browsers?

Message 7 of 52
Manuellll
Apprentice

you give it to me on the router page

Message 8 of 52
FURRYe38
Guru

Does Firefox or Opera browser show the same problem?

@Manuellll wrote:

you give it to me on the router page

Message 9 of 52
Manuellll
Apprentice

with internet explorer it seems that it doesn't give me errors with google crhome could it be adblock? but I removed it from the router site, I don't understand

Message 10 of 52
FURRYe38
Guru

Disable any ad block in Chrome, empty caches. close Chrome then relaunch and test. 

If this is seen still in Chrome, then this would probably be a Chrome issue. Seen issues with recent Chrome versions. 

I haven't had any problems with Opera or FF. 

Message 11 of 52
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Easiest way to tell would be to access the interface using an Incognito Chrome window and see if the error still occurs.
Message 12 of 52
Manuellll
Apprentice

yes in icognito persists

Message 13 of 52
FURRYe38
Guru

Has Chromed worked in history or has this just recently appeared? 

Sounds like a recent Chrome update may have broke how Chrome works with the FW. 

Something to talk to Google about. Use other browsers that do work. 

Message 14 of 52
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Would agree with the above, there is another known issue on Chrome we're aware of so may be related to that version.
Message 15 of 52
Manuellll
Apprentice

so nothing to worry about? an off-topic question about the xr500 but if I have to open the same ports in the protocol (TCP and UDP) if I open TCP and after UDP or open them with the TCP / UDP protocol there is a difference? I always prefer to open the tcp first and then the udp even if they are the same ports and could I make TCP / UDP wrong?

Message 16 of 52
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

There's no reason to do them seperately if you're going to open both anyway... But I guess if you wanted to do that, it would work.

Message 17 of 52
Manuellll
Apprentice

so you're telling me that there would be no problem opening them separately, but if I open both protocols directly in a rule, is it better?

Message 18 of 52
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Just quicker to open using TCP/UDP but still fine to do it the long way and do TCP then UDP if you want to.
Message 19 of 52
Manuellll
Apprentice

are there port forward to open for the xr500? or to speed up the internet in general, since it downloads very slowly you could help me?

Message 20 of 52
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Port forwarding is for specific devices on your network.

The only time you'd need to forward ports for the XR500 itself is if it was connected to another router upstream.

If that's the case, you should instead be putting the XR500 into the DMZ of the router above so that everything is forwarded to the XR500.

Even better would be bridge mode.

Message 21 of 52
Manuellll
Apprentice

I have a vodafone station where I connected the xr500 in cascade and on the vodafone station I put the xr500 ip wan in the static nat section, should I insert the xr500 ip wan also in the dmz section of the vodafone station? how can I put it in bridge mode?

Message 22 of 52
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Yes I think you should put the XR500's IP into the DMZ of the Vodafone Station.

Message 23 of 52
Manuellll
Apprentice

perfect, instead the static nat that they advised me to put if I connected a router in cascade to the vodafone station can you explain to me what is it for?

Message 24 of 52
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Cascade just mean two routers connected to eachother. So by putting it in this mode will mean the two work better together.
Message 25 of 52
Discussion stats
  • 51 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7