× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Updating Firmware XR300

Jerome_w
Tutor

Updating Firmware XR300

Hello, I came across a firmware update on the website for the xr300 which my xr300 doesnt pick up when i try to update it with the nighthawk app. So i tried using the manual to manually update the firmware but apperentaly that is impossible to do on the xr300. It says to go to - Settings > Administration > Firmware Update, but this is nowhere to be found on my xr300 settings. I tried changing the language from dutch to english to check if this might solve it but even then i am getting a error message, the router reboots and does not let me change the language. Can somebody help me.

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You'll need to access the interface using a PC to go to Settings > Administration > Firmware update, then you can perform an update. What error message do you get when trying to change the language?
Message 2 of 8
Jerome_w
Tutor

Yeah, within the administration part firmware update is not there. But i tried to do a full system reset and now the router is stuck at checking for updates screen for more then an hour. Anything i can do about this ?
Message 3 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Refresh the page, then skip the update part and you should be able to get to the interface. Then can you take a screenshot of the Settings page on the Administration section please
Message 4 of 8
Jerome_w
Tutor

Ok, after rebooting I can now change the language to english , and there in the menu it does have the update firmware option. I guess its just a glitch within the dutch language
Message 5 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Glad to hear it, thanks for the update!
Message 6 of 8
Stamer
Aspirant

Hi!

I also have this problem and cant seem to find the Admin panel. 
I had my language on (Swedish) and the admin panel was missing.
Changed to English and the panel is there.
Maybe you should fix that bug.

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 7 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'll pass it on to the team at Netgear, thanks for the report.
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7