× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Upgrade from xr500 to xr1000 PS5 Console issues

niewiado
Apprentice

Re: Upgrade from xr500 to xr1000 issues

So ultimately no, but something interesting happened as I tried this. I had the device manager open as I disabled mu-Mimo and beam forming and the ps5 connected to the non guest 5ghz. Then I woke the ps5 up from sleep mode and it immediately jumped off the device manager and as I saw the ps5 welcome screen there was no internet connection.

I then tried the guest network 5ghz and it connected to it- and showed that in the device manager- but the same problem where there’s no internet for some reason even though even though the very tablet I’m typing this on has internet clearly. As I type this it still shows a 5ghz guest network ps5 connection in the device manager but the ps5 screen gives me a warmed that it can’t connect to the internet.
Message 51 of 55
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I think the problem may actually be with the standby/instant on modes rather than the WiFi settings. If you re-enable the WiFi settings as you would have them normally but fully shut down the console/TV and then boot it up does it have internet right away?
Message 52 of 55
niewiado
Apprentice

Hi Fraser-

I turned off the “sleep” mode from both the ps5 and LG oled. Then I had them both connected to the 5ghz guest connection and had them power down. Now that you had me do this I can confirm both exhibit the same weird behavior- they connect to the router but not the internet. I powered them down all the way and tried it again twice on both to no avail.

For grins I tried the ps5 again and it’s the same behavior. Once it connects to 2.4, I can turn automatic channel selection off on the ps5 and it will connect to the 5ghz but upon a restart it’s a no go.
Message 53 of 55
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Very strange, a new update shouldn't be far off now so would be interested to see if you get the same behavior on that
Message 54 of 55
niewiado
Apprentice

Re: Upgrade from xr500 to xr1000 PS5 Console issues

I actually have another roughly 2 months on my return (which is unheard of) so no great rush, but I think I’m keeping everything on the xr500 until this update drops. Hopefully I’ll be notified in some way when it drops.

For me to keep the xr1000 this update will need to solve the ps5 issue with it staying on the relatively clean 5 ghz, solve the Xbox ipv6 issue, and generally improve the sensitivity issue with smart connect defaulting to 2.4 ghz all the time when it doesn’t need to and then back to 5 eventually.

Thanks for the help regardless

Message 55 of 55
Discussion stats
  • 54 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7