× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Upnp Glitched?

roos5
Tutor

Upnp Glitched?

Hello,

My Upnp has been acting very weird lately, I've been using my XR1000 with my Xbox Series X for a while with no problem at all. Recently i got my PS5 and while i was using it via Ethernet cable everything was fine with both consoles, as soon as i moved my PS5 to another room and set it up via Wifi i notice that 2 ports (UDP 3074 and 9308) were always being used by the ps5 even if the console was fully turned off, since that i haven't been able to use port 3074 with my Xbox which is my main console for online gaming as of right now, not even with port forwarding. I really want to fix this since i've been noticing some latency with my xbox, these are the things that i have tried already:

- Restart the router
-Turn off the router
- Unplug the router for 5-8 minutes.
- Fully shutdown the ps5
-Unplug the power cord form the ps5

I'll appriciate your assistance with this.

NOTE: Upnp Portmap table shows both ports active and still being used by the ps5.
Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Does the Xbox show an Open NAT? If so it is unlikely the lag is affecting the console. Set NAT to Open in WAN Settings and they should both have an Open NAT without issue.
Message 2 of 6
roos5
Tutor

Thanks for the quick answer, My Xbox is showing Open NAT, PS5 NAT type 2 ( moderate). I manually changed the ip of my ps5 to see if the Upnp releases the port 3074 that was being used by the old ps5 address, but it still there in the upnp port table map being used by my ps5 old ip ( which is not assigned to another device).

I remembered that 2 days ago I was getting high packet loss after deactivating the smart connect option, I had to reset the router, ISP too, several times until it got fixed.
Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

NAT Type 2 is open, it just means you're behind a router. Change the NAT option I mentioned, you won't have any port issues and can ignore the UPnP table.
Message 4 of 6
GKUK21
Aspirant

Won't setting your NAT to open on your router mean you are unsecure and vulnerable?

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@GKUK21 the firewall is still active when set to Open, it's just not as strict as secured but you'll still be protected.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7