× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Using Geo-filter on PS4 with xr500 nighthawk

tanjaawi
Tutor

Using Geo-filter on PS4 with xr500 nighthawk

Hi there,

I wanted to ask this question to netgear but my warranty finished a month ago. Currently i am playing call of duty warzone on a ps4. I bought the xr500 to be able to geo filter selected regions. after several attemps it still does not want to work. My location in game says the netherlands even if i put the pin on spain for example. I need help changing my location to play in other server than in dutch. A friend of mine reached out to netgear and they explained him how to do, but seen as my warranty expired i can only come here for help.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Using Geo-filter on PS4 with xr500 nighthawk

The in game location will not change as you're not using a VPN and is not required to force other servers.

The Spanish server is not always online, that is Activisions choice. Can you provide a screenshot of your Geo-Filter settings please?
Message 2 of 7
tanjaawi
Tutor

Hi there!

i am using VPN, i have nord vpn on my laptop and phone and the location is set to spain.

Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 00.37.54.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-15 at 00.40.37.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-15 at 00.40.48.png

Message 3 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You'll need to look at why that VPN isn't changing the location then if you're not using it on Hybrid VPN. Turn Ping Assist to 0 as that is how the server outside connected. The server with a solid while circle is required for online play, you can ignore that.
Message 4 of 7
tanjaawi
Tutor

I do not understand what you mean by hybrid vpn, my laptop and phone have the nordvpn app so i can connect to vpn but my playstation doesnt. if i click on hybrid vpn on the router it only gives two providers, "hidemyass" and "purevpn". I'll upload a screentshot.

ping has been set to 0.Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 01.32.36.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-15 at 01.32.30.png

Message 5 of 7
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

So what you'll need to do is use the 'Advanced' setup option, the below guide details how you can do this:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000087492--dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-hyb...

Message 6 of 7
tanjaawi
Tutor

I got it to work thanks for the help.

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7