× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

VPN for RDP?

jam3s121
Aspirant

VPN for RDP?

I want to enable RDP on my windows compuer to the internet, but make it not exposed to the entire WAN. I believe the r6700 has a open vpn option. Is it possible to make it so only machines connected to the openvpn connection on the router are able to auth?

I'm using a netgear CM500 & netgear r6700. My goal is to be able to rdp from other networks but only when the other machines are on a openvpn connection. I believe I have to create the open vpn tunnel, enable rdp, and forward the port? I also want to change the port so its not default.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
jam3s121
Aspirant

Re: VPN for RDP?

A second problem I have is that my 5ghz connection seems too strong. When leaving the house i'm still connected to wireless on my samsung galaxy s9 but not receiving data. Should I lower the power?

Message 2 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: VPN for RDP?

Hi there, I'd recommend you post this over in the Nighthawk community instead: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk

This community is for the XR series of routers.
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7