× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Verizon Fios gigabit slow speeds

itsyamce
Guide

how do i run teamviewer"??

Message 26 of 52
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Once installed open up the application and PM me the ID & password it gives you please.
Message 27 of 52
itsyamce
Guide

hi fraser are you aviable ?

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 28 of 52
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

First lets establish what you are supposed to get. With your PC wired to the ONT what speeds do you get on speedtest.net?
Message 29 of 52
itsyamce
Guide

ok i will test right now

Message 30 of 52
itsyamce
Guide

im getting around 84down 101upload

Message 31 of 52
itsyamce
Guide

thats connected to my ONT my modem

Message 32 of 52
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If that's what you're getting then it is not a router issue, it's either a fault with the ONT or something on your ISPs line.
Message 33 of 52
itsyamce
Guide

i would hope not the new router caused it but do i need to contact fios?

Message 34 of 52
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

No router would cause that. Yes I would recommend doing so as your speeds seem to fluctuate wildly directly connected to the ONT.
Message 35 of 52
itsyamce
Guide

ok i will do so 

Message 36 of 52
itsyamce
Guide

@Fraser my modem is good the only problem is that my computer couldn’t handle up to 1Giga speeds.. my isp checked my device manager and it could hand up to 100mbps
Message 37 of 52
itsyamce
Guide

But i still recieve low mbps on my xbox one with fios quantuam & netgear
Message 38 of 52
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Console speed tests are inaccurate and I believe the speeds are also limited. Faster speeds do not give a better gameplay experience so you're absolutely fine in that regard also.
Message 39 of 52
itsyamce
Guide

yeah i could see but thank you for letting me know and also are you still able to check me on team viewer 

Message 40 of 52
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You're very welcome. It sounds like we got to the bottom of the issue so there's no need for TeamViewer now. If you follow these optimum settings you'll be set:

Set your Anti-Bufferbloat to 'Always' and put the download & upload sliders to 70% each. Also ensure DumaOS Classified Games is enabled under Traffic Prioritization.

Add your console to the Geo-Filter under the devices panel and leave it on filtering mode. Then set your home location to where you live and use the profile to load settings for your game. If you have a problem connecting then switch the console to Spectating Mode instead and you should be able to connect without issue.

I would also recommend going through the tours for QoS & the Geo-Filter. To do this click the ? icon next to their titles in the top menu bar beside the logos. This will get you to grips with how the features work.
Message 41 of 52
itsyamce
Guide

Thank you @Fraser for the information
Message 42 of 52
ThukkyRuga
Aspirant

im having the same issue with this router!

tryed everything but nothing works. Lan connection with this router only give me about 100-200mbps vs my Verizon router 300-850mbps on a Gigabit internet. 

and when tested on DumaOS setup, it fail to detect bandwith.

i honestly think thats then problem cuz it couldnt detect the bandwith.

Message 43 of 52
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi Ruga, on the QoS page on the Anti-Bufferbloat panel set to Apply 'never'. In the options enter in the max speeds you can get on the Verizon router. Then redo a wired speed test from your PC, do you get full speeds then?
Message 44 of 52
CptinCaveme
Tutor

I tried all the recommended solutions and factory reset a few times.  I have TV service and I had the Verizon fios router connected to the ONT, then LAN to WAN of XR500.  Now I have the XR500 to the ONT, then the LAN to WAN of fios router.  You will have issues with remote access and some DVR functions. 

When I ran the XR500 setup my bandwidth also came back with very low speeds, mainly the downloads.  Highest download was 250mbps.  The upload was 600+mbps. Hmmmmm!!!!  

I like tinkering so I tried using different bandwidth testing sites.  I tried googlefiber.net and my speeds came back higher around 600+ for both up and down.  Then I tried the verizon fios bandwidth test for devices not the router test, that will fail because it's looking for their router.  

I ran that a few times (20+) most cases bandwidth was 900+ up and down. It did fail a fes times, I guess time of day and usage.

I am a novice at this, still learning what works and what works sometimes.  Keep testing.

Speeds on dslreport where all over the place never got higher than 220 both up and down, same with speedtest.net.

Message 45 of 52
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi Cptin, so you're saying you are getting your full speeds now?
Message 46 of 52
CptinCaveme
Tutor

Yes I am getting full speeds when I use specific bandwidth testing sites.  XR500 setup does not give accurate speeds (for my setup).  Maybe for piece of mind next update will fix that issue or bring back the R1 feature network test for quality and packet loss.

I guess its the same as command promt ping google 8.8.8.8.......

Message 47 of 52
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's correct, it was mostly a ping test. We are looking into developing diagnostic features so it's good to hear you would like this.
Message 48 of 52
ThukkyRuga
Aspirant

Hello Fraser, I tryed all the solutions mentioned above and even factory reset it a few times but still only get between 400-600mbps download, I retested the Verizon router again and got about 700-800mbps downloads (a different of 200-300mbps) hopefully it's a software issue that can be fix with updates and not hardware ethernet ports problem.
Message 49 of 52
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi Ruga,

Can you disable QoS from Anti-Bufferbloat's 3 line menu please and let me know if you get full speeds then.

If you do not then that indicates an issue outside of DumaOS so I would highly recommend calling the 24/7 Netgear Support line. If you login here you should get a number to call: https://www.netgear.com/support/
Message 50 of 52
Discussion stats
  • 51 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7