× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Very Disappointed with XR500

Akuma_Inu
Tutor

Still no solution, have not heard from them in over 2 weeks.  Have had the router for almost 2 months now, and it's just sitting on the shelf because I can not use it.  I am not happy at all with NETGEAR.  I am currently trying to get a refund for the router.  NETGEAR right now has lost my business unless they make this right.  Of course losing one person out of millions means nothing to them.  Thanks for the $350 paperweight!!!

Message 26 of 33
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Do you have a Case ID with them? I passed on this thread, but a Case ID is always best because it can then be managed through their system

Message 27 of 33
Akuma_Inu
Tutor

Yes, I do have a case number: 40292143.  I got a reply saying they could not duplicate my problem, so I guess I'm SOL.  Glad to see that NETGEAR doesn't give a crap about their customers.  I got an idea, send your engineer to my house, I'll show them what it's doing!

Message 28 of 33
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for the case number. I’ll send this over to them to see if I can raise it. Can’t promise anything though as we’re different companies, but sorry to hear of your difficulties.
Message 29 of 33
Akuma_Inu
Tutor

So it's been a few months since my last update.  Would you believe i still have no fix to my issue.  $300 router sitting on my desk collecting dust and Netgear has no idea what the problem is.  Multiple hour plus phone calls, multiple logs sent in, and still claiming they can not duplicate.  Send a tech here, I will show you what it's doing.  Anybody have a way to contact them other than tech support, I'm done with the run around.  I want a refund or some kind of compensation, this is f'n ridiculous.

Message 30 of 33
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

No other way to contact as far as I am aware. Have they escalated your issue at all after we passed your details on? If not you should ask for them to do so.
Message 31 of 33
Akuma_Inu
Tutor

I was told it was escalated, to who it was escalated I have no idea.  But apparently who ever has it now, doesn't know what to do either since it's been about 3 months since it was escalated.

Message 32 of 33
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'd suggest you ask them to take the router back for testing and provide a replacement in the meantime. I don't know if they will but thats the best option if they can't reproduce.
Message 33 of 33
Discussion stats
  • 32 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7