× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Vodafone IPTV XR500.

Jamesfinn3
Aspirant

Vodafone IPTV XR500.

Hi, has anyone managed to get the XR500 working for IPTV? I have replaced my ISP router with the XR500. Internet is working with Vlan10 but I can't get the Vodafone IPTV working. 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Vodafone IPTV XR500.

In WAN Settings toggle IGMP Proxying and see if that helps at all.
Message 2 of 9
Jamesfinn3
Aspirant

No good. Tried that earlier. I was looking at some posts on here from 2018 and I tried everything they had but no one seemed to have it figured for the xr500. Was hoping there had been a firmware upgrade to take care of this since.
Message 3 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Do you know if they require the use of their hub to use IPTV? If you disable QoS entirely does it work?
Message 4 of 9
Jamesfinn3
Aspirant

Also tried disabling 6ths QoS. No good

Message 5 of 9
Jamesfinn3
Aspirant

I found this on another platform.

it's for the ASUS RT-AC68U. This worked for Vodafone/Siro which is what I have.

Left hand side click WAN
Connection Type PPOE
Username is the serial number (written under your gigabox) of your device (at)vfieftth.ie (eg e817dhnddbsggg(at)vfieftth.ie)
Password broadband
MAC Address. Also written under your gigabox. eg 4c:98:27:c8:a1:12
Click Apply

Left Hand side again click LAN
Click the IPTV tab
ISP Profile Vodafone (New Zealand)
Use DHCP routes RFC3442&Microsoft
Enable multicast routing (IGMP Proxy) Enable
Enable efficient multicast forwarding (IGMP Snooping) Enable
UDP Proxy (Udpxy) 0

I found this on the XR500 blocking iptv service thread here from 2019. I was hoping there was a firmware upgrade since to correct it?

I could not watch IPTV (Vodafone Spain) with XR500 and XR700, all attempts for iptv and ip voice with the valid configuration were a failure. The only thing that works by setting the operator's VLAN / Bridge was the internet connection.
I think it's a firmware problem, the configuration for operators IPTV in manual mode is basic.
I have an Asus RT-AX88U configured and working IPTV, internet data and IP voice for vodafone TV Spain and in less than 10 minutes everything was working perfectly ....... with XR500 and XR700 I was losing more than 10 hours and only I run data from the internet in the ports and in the deco but nothing from IPTV channels and IP voice.
I would like to put the Netgear as the main one but I can't do without TV and phone calls ... for the moment my main router is Asus.

Message 6 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

There isn't any profiles you could select for this unfortunately. @TimChang could you take a look and see if there is a workaround or implement a profile perhaps?
Message 7 of 9
Jamesfinn3
Aspirant

Thanks. Unfortunately I will have to look for another router so. Any recommendations on ones that can be set up for this?
Message 8 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'd actively advising against our routers so it's not something I could do, have a search online for your ISP and I'm sure you'll find some.
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7