× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WLAN devices cannot see LAN devices

Crowder
Aspirant

WLAN devices cannot see LAN devices

Hello,

So I have a problem that I can't seem to solve. My WLAN devices cannot see my LAN stuff. Not only that but they connect with my public IP address. For example, I try to access my NAS through my laptop and it doesn't let me do that. I check on the logs and the laptop is trying to access from my public IP adress. Any idea what the hell is happening?

Thanks.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
john070102
Aspirant

Re: WLAN devices cannot see LAN devices

I am also having the same problem,if anybody can help please reply. I have mybkexperience that wlans are not discoverable to lan 

Model: A6100|WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 2 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Crowder do you have your laptop connected to your ISP modem WiFi by mistake as that shouldn't be possible. Regardless, it is an issue NG are aware of and unfortunately so far I haven't found a suitable workaround
Message 3 of 5
Crowder
Aspirant

No, my ISP router is in bridge mode with everything disabled, no Wifi, or anything else other that provide internet to the netgear router. The weird part is that it used to work fine, I don't know how long ago, I just discovered this issue while trying to watch some Plex content on my Chromecast.

If it's something that cannot be solved user-side... well, I'll have to contact Amazon.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If it used to work then you could try downgrading the firmware a couple of iterations and see if it works - the router will have auto upgraded the firmware since it worked
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7