× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WTF is wrong with Netgear customer service

WhatitDo
Aspirant

WTF is wrong with Netgear customer service

case 431035997
Case Summary: XR500 - Router keeps droping Internet 
Product: XR500

The router keeps disconecting from my Modem,  and when it does if i restart my router it works fine. I had to roll back my firmware due to Duma OS kept locking out and then would not open. Tech ask for my information and says if its wifi issues reset and upgrade firm ware. I respond with information he wants and explain i can not upgrade firm ware due to previouse case and its both hardwire and wifi. NO response for 2 weeks i inquire about why nothing has been written back. to get a response saying the fix was to reset and update firm ware to fix wifi. SO they didnt read the not seeing why i am on an older firm ware and that its not just wifi is even hardwired lines and then they closed the case. Still getting the router to drop net. still no answers only been a month and on my second XR500 in 4 months i kinda want my money back and go with asus

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

This is a known issue that will be fixed in one of the next beta builds so if you haven't already I would highly suggest signing up: http://www.netgearinnovation.com/dumaos-beta/index.html also it might help to reinstall the firmware using TFTP and then performing a reset. https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

Message 2 of 4
WhatitDo
Aspirant

thank you for the information. i have done the roll back and factory reset more then once it has not fixed the issues. do you have an idea when the new patch will come out

Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

So you tried using TFTP? There will likely be a new build in the beta next week - I couldn't say though when you'll get an invite. If I can I'll try and boost you up the list.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7