× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Warranty period

luckyturk
Follower

Warranty period

Is there a one year manufactures warranty on this item or not?  My son purchased this item in June 2019 from Best Buy and he is being told by Netgear support that there is only a 90 days warranty!  The modem is not sending out a signal to the wi-fi router according to Xfinity, so he had to purchase a new modem/router.

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
Newfiedrool
Virtuoso

Re: Warranty period

Yes you have a one year warranty. Your port of call is from the retailer but I'm U.K. based as that's how it is over here.

when mine went faulty after 11 months I went through to amazon who put me in touch with netgear there and then. All sorted and RMA given. Here too the return cost can be recouped.

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Warranty period

@luckyturk wrote:

Is there a one year manufactures warranty on this item or not?  My son purchased this item in June 2019 from Best Buy and he is being told by Netgear support that there is only a 90 days warranty!  The modem is not sending out a signal to the wi-fi router according to Xfinity, so he had to purchase a new modem/router.

There is a 1 year warranty but only 90 days of free support. If he was calling for support, it costs for that. 

but if he posts on here with more details, a lot of times the forum is more helpful than support.

Xfinity doesn't like to support 3rd party equipment so their default answer is "its bad" or "its not on our side, it must be the 3rd party modem". we see this a lot. Have him post on here with complete details and we can help him get it working or help him get it RMA'd. 

If he's 100% sure its bad, to get through the rma process, have him click "mynetgear" at the top. Register an account and then the device. From there, there's a RMA option. 

I will warn not to google for netgear support #. the google numbers are scam/con sites. 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7