× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What is the lowest ping I can get from this router on pubg pc in my region india.xr500

Aditya739020
Aspirant

What is the lowest ping I can get from this router on pubg pc in my region india.xr500

Hi all I am planning to but xr500 router to enhance my gaming ping .
Am before buying this thing I am curious to know what is the lowest ping I can get in pubg pc as this game I play a lot .
Let me know any help highly appreciated.
Wanted to know if it's worth buying..I got very good band speed only ping all I wanted to reduce I am getting around 40 in pubg pc.
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: What is the lowest ping I can get from this router on pubg pc in my region india.xr500

I don't have specific data for India, we don't live there and also don't collect data like this from the routers. It also depends on every users setup as to how drastic the performance enhancements will be.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: What is the lowest ping I can get from this router on pubg pc in my region india.xr500

That's very hard to say because all connections are different and there are many factors. Generally if you do a wired speedtest.net test direct from the modem with nothing else being used then you could expect roughly 20ms on top of that figure. That also depends on where the closest server to you is located as that could increase with distance.
Message 2 of 7
Aditya739020
Aspirant

My concern here was I am getting ping range 35-40 already with my basic airtel fiber 200mbps connection on SEA servers where generally use to play.and if I am going to invest around 300$ and it won't serve the purpose then it's not worth for me.all I am looking is whether I will be getting lesser noticable ping with xr500 router.i am looking for real life results after spending 300$ if I won't get even 25 pings it will not worth for me.
My connection is so far very stable and didn't fluctuate that much and have enough up and down for my uses so not focusing on these issues.
Message 3 of 7
Aditya739020
Aspirant

For your reference...Through Okla test server when I use to test my connection it's showing 3 to 4 pings but while gaming it coming to 35-40 ping.
Message 4 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That likely will be the closest server to you, the Geo-Filter could make sure you get that server every time as sometimes you may be placed elsewhere. The other feature that has a chance of getting your ping down is QoS if you suffer from local congestion e.g. you have lots of devices connected and when they use the internet they cause you to lag. We could eliminate that. If you don't then we couldn't lower the ping per se but ensure you have the best connection on your end as possible.
Message 5 of 7
Aditya739020
Aspirant

True! But I don't know why I am still not convinced.
May i have the real life data of this router performance from indian region??
I mean in-game performance like pubg Fortnite..I will be very much convinced if I get these data.
Message 6 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I don't have specific data for India, we don't live there and also don't collect data like this from the routers. It also depends on every users setup as to how drastic the performance enhancements will be.
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7