× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: When i change my mac address all the fields go empty

Caiden1220
Aspirant

When i change my mac address all the fields go empty

OK so when i click on

Use this max address and try to change something all the fields go blank someone please help i am trying to change my ip address or tell me a different way on changing this this would rreally help.

https://gyazo.com/e663a83fca0c6696502104b961186ff1

all the the fields that i cricled go blank when i try to change my mac address or change  a number or letter 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you want to change those fields then you have to switch from get automatically to 'Use Static IP address' or 'Use these DNS servers'
Message 2 of 6
Caiden1220
Aspirant

but when i do that the fields are still empty and i dont know what to put in them

Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you don't know what to put in them then you should definitely leave it as automatic. What are you hoping to achieve by changing these settings? There may be a different setting that's more suited for your goal.
Message 4 of 6
Caiden1220
Aspirant

i am trying to change my ip address

Message 5 of 6
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

You can't just manually change your WAN IP address, you have to discuss it with your ISP. If you're getting DDoS'd for example you'd need to call up your ISP and ask them for a new address. If you're worried about that you might need to get a dynamic IP.

This is the kind of thing that the ISP has to deal with though, you can't just change it yourself.

That is UNLESS your XR500 is below another router on your network, in which case you just enter the IP address you want to use on the upstream router, gateway IP is the upstream router's address, subnet mask is 255.255.255.0

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7