× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: When would hybrid VPN come out in china? Have I wasted my money?

EnVy_Hype
Aspirant

When would hybrid VPN come out in china? Have I wasted my money?

I am wondering why there is no VPN in China. So many Netgear routers have a VPN but not the XR500. I paid so much money for this router that has not as many features as it costs more in China. It even said Hybrid VPN in the update and there was no Hybrid VPN in the software! I can't believe that Netgear doesn't inform people living in China that it doesn't support VPN and should cost cheaper than other western countries. The previous software I also didn't have VPN client and it even says VPN client on the duma os page(I still don't have VPN client). I paid 2600RMB for this router and I feel like I have wasted my money. I definitely need a answer from Netgear Support on this post.
Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 09.51.50.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-10 at 09.52.16.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-10 at 17.01.06.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-11 at 13.25.53.png

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll have take that up with the China gov't. NG has to play by there rules since China seems to prohibit various networking features in that country. VPN is allowed in most other countries. China seems to not want users having privacy. 

Message 2 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Exactly as above. Though in the screenshot provided in another topic Funjsq is available when switching to your native language, are you not able to use it?
Message 3 of 5
EnVy_Hype
Aspirant

It's not a vpn. It improves ping. 

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 4 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay, I understand. Unfortunately due to regulations that's all Netgear are able to provide for China
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7