× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Which is the most reliable firmware for XR500 and the best firmware update method?

GregMora
Tutor

Which is the most reliable firmware for XR500 and the best firmware update method?

Just like the title says: Which is the most reliable firmware for XR500 and the best firmware update method?

I just un-brick my XR500 router, firmware got corrupted unexpectely (I didn't interrupt its previuos update, everything worked well but suddenly got corrupted).

I flashed to the old XR500-V2.0.0.28 using Tftpd64 app via fixed IP address method.

I know I should update its firmware for better performance, but I would like to know... which method is the more reliable and what firmware you guys find stable.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Which is the most reliable firmware for XR500 and the best firmware update method?

I have v56 loaded on my 450. Haven't seen any major issues. Those that have seen issues, v.32 seems to be a good working version as well. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

I have v56 loaded on my 450. Haven't seen any major issues. Those that have seen issues, v.32 seems to be a good working version as well. 

Message 2 of 4
GregMora
Tutor

Awesome.

I update to v.56 (Ping Assist is a great feature), following XR500 Manual,  Manual Firmware Update to the very detail, made the update without any interruptions (dedicated webrowser, wired connection) reboot it normally, I reboot it again from the DumaOS and works.

Once again Thanks Ferry!

This picture describes in a nutshell updating my router: https://i.imgur.com/4SmAdIL.jpg

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7