× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Which unit is better for my home

mrut530
Aspirant

Which unit is better for my home

The nighthawk ac1750 model r6700 or the nighthawk xr500 gamin router.  I have about 25 devices that can be used at one time and looking to see which router is my best option

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
microchip8
Master

Definitely the XR500 which is based on the R7800 and runs on DumaOS, far better than stock NG firmware. If the XR500 is too expensive for you, consider the R7800

Message 2 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's quite a lot of devices and so depending on your bandwidth you'll likely experience local congestion which the XR500 can eliminate. Also if there are any gamers in the house they will benefit from the XR500 in more ways as well. Full disclosure - you're posting in the NPG XR section and I work for Netduma who created the software for the XR500.
Message 3 of 5
mrut530
Aspirant

I do not have alot of gamers just kids who love netflix and my wife works from home ----then i have ring and nest devices thru out th ehouse--prob about 20 to 25 items at a time

Message 4 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Netflix could cause some local congestion for your other devices e.g. lag/buffering that the XR would be able to counteract perfectly.
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7