× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Why Netgear Nethawk app is cheating on speedtest?

thrull
Aspirant

Why Netgear Nethawk app is cheating on speedtest?

Why Netgear is cheating in its speed test in the Nethawk mobile app ?

On the mobile phone I get 200Mbit down and 100 Mbit up, but there it is not possible to get to such speeds on PC wired directly to router.

Nethawk app is just using short bursts of data that is why maybe how they achive such results, its CHEATING. Graphs on the router show only up to 1Mb/s Up or down during cheated test. When using real speedtest.net test it goes up to 65-80 Mb/s as it should.

Screen from app below and link to REAL speedtest.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/10535580034

cheated testcheated test

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Why Netgear Nethawk app is cheating on speedtest?

I can't see the picture you've added as it needs to be moderated, could you provide a link to it instead please?
Message 2 of 6
thrull
Aspirant

Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It's likely they are different as the mobile app is testing the speeds directly from the router to the server rather than the manual test you do is from the device to the router to the server so there are extra variables that can affect the connection. Have you changed any QoS settings?
Message 4 of 6
thrull
Aspirant

Normal people call this marketing b******t.

The app states that it is measuring my internet. Which is tops 60-80Mb/s (sometimes maxed to 100Mb/s because of other problems my XR300 router has). No QoS enabled. Never got to 120Mb/s with all other speed testing apps/sites.  How can you measure my internet speed never even sending more than few hundres kilobytes of data at once?

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's your opinion, I'm just telling you why the speeds will differ. What are the speeds you actually pay for? Disable QoS entirely in the Anti-Bufferbloat 3 line option menu in the top left of the panel and see if there is an improvement.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7