× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Why am I receiving this "Uncaught Unmatched device"???

Stylz
Tutor

Why am I receiving this "Uncaught Unmatched device"???

WTF am I receiving this error on a $300+ router?

"Uncaught Unmatched device" when I monitor my "GeoFilter"? Ive tried downgrading (why) the firmware version only to receive the same error. Please fix this POS Ive wasted my money on! Or I'll simply return it for a proven Asus router. Thanks

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 20
Stylz
Tutor

Also receiving "Devide not found" when I go to the QOS page of my router. Why so many problems with the so called "Gaming Router". Step up your game NetGear. You may want to pay Merlin from Asus for some custom, WORKING firmware.

Message 2 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I believe an issue with UPnP caused device names to be wiped that were added to Geo-Filter/QoS causing those errors. Firmware has been pulled while Netgear investigate. Factory reset will fix it.
Message 3 of 20
Stylz
Tutor

Wow! So spend more time resetting this $300+ device and re-adding all security, setup MAC address filtering again, set static IPs, etc..

Amazing deviceSmiley Mad

Message 4 of 20
Stylz
Tutor

Anyone know of stable and proven 3rd-party firmware that will work on this XR500? A Merlin ASUS WRT variant possibly?

Message 5 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Renaming the device to what it was called previously or reconnecting it to the router if it has been disconnected would resolve it. I believe a UPnP change by Netgear may have triggered it which is why its been taken down to be resolved.
Message 6 of 20
Schranck
Aspirant

I tried what was suggested and previous comments .still not getting geofilter
Message 7 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

A factory reset will definitely fix it but try this:

Right click on the Devices Panel

Inspect Element

Click the little triangles 

You should be able to see the named device, then rename it to this in device manager - see attached picture.

Otherwise factory reset will definitely fix.

Message 8 of 20

Bull crap the firmware has been pulled it just jacked my router a few mins ago. How, how does Netgear release this crap in such a broken state. It's just bewildering the lack of quality control this company possesses. This is my very first Netgear product, always been a Linksys person, and I will never, EVER, buy another one or recommend that any of friends do. I've never experienced a SINGLE issue on a Linksys router, NOT ONE....

Message 9 of 20

LOL, there is no MAC address filtering on this piece of crap, it dumped it routinely so the pulled it in the last firmware update. The arguments I had with tech support were straight out of a comedy. 

Message 10 of 20
Killhippie
Prodigy

There was no Mac address filtering in 2.2.1.10 either. In fact its the worse piece of so called security you can use. A strong WPA2 AES password is all you need Even hiding your SSID is not worth it as it can be seen by simple program like Netstumbler will show it. Mac addresses can be easily spoofed which is the problem and it can make some devices not connect properly (apple for a start suggest to turn it off), it is truly false security. Have a read of from this link.

https://www.howtogeek.com/204458/why-you-shouldn%E2%80%99t-use-mac-address-filtering-on-your-wi-fi-r...

Message 11 of 20
Killhippie
Prodigy

2.3.2.22 has not been pulled. Make sure that is the version you are using, do a factory reset and all should be fine. As to doing factory rresets this is why its best. From  Merlin. https://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-nvram-and-factory-default-reset.22822/

Message 12 of 20
Killhippie
Prodigy

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-nvram-and-factory-default-reset.22822/ This is from Merlin so worth a read on why factory resets are important.

Message 13 of 20
Raantalot
Aspirant

Exact same problem. Furious! 

Message 14 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Rename the device that was added back to what it was named and dialog box will disappear
Message 15 of 20
wub901
Guide

Nothing yet sure it wont be long till DD-WRT is available .

Message 16 of 20
Killhippie
Prodigy

I doubt they will, after all the R7800 is basically the same router but with less flash nand and the XR500 uses Netduma which is the point of having it. Want different firmware get a R7800 Voxels is great with good options for lede on that router also DD-WRT does not have such up to date wifi drivers, so theres that. Personally I like where the XR500 is going and its good to support companies like Netduma.

Message 17 of 20

Hey All,

So we are getting this same error as well, I called support today and when I told the guy about the error and he immediately told me this would have to go to T2 support. Guessing it is a known issue and I am hoping they are working on a proper resolution, outside of a full master reset, I am tech savvy but I have my limits. Was wondering did ya'll get yours fixed and was it the reset that fixed it?

Message 18 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Factory reset will definitely fix it. This would be the easier option though: Rename the device that was added back to what it was named and dialog box will disappear
Message 19 of 20

That is what I did, everything looks good!
Message 20 of 20
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7