× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wi-Fi connection Issues

CharliR72
Aspirant

Wi-Fi connection Issues

I have everything hooked up. WiFi was connected. Now no connection and won't recognize my PW. Anyone??? I'm on my 3rd router today. The other 2 wouldn't recognize the app at all
Message 1 of 6
CharliR72
Aspirant

Re: Wi-Fi connection Issues

I am using an Nighthawk XR1000
Message 2 of 6
plemans
Guru

So you have the XR1000

What modem/gateway are you connecting it to? 

What method of setup did you use? the app? setup using the browser? 

Do wired devices work? 

Is it only wireless devices having issues? 

Is it  all devices, just a few? 

Message 3 of 6

@CharliR72 wrote:
I have everything hooked up. WiFi was connected. Now no connection and won't recognize my PW. Anyone??? 

You'll have to provide some more details. I'm afraid that "no connection and won't recognize my PW" could mean many things.

What password is this? Wifi? Router controls? Something else?

What has "no connection"? No Internet connection? Some wifi clients? Wired devices? Something else?

What modem, if there is one, sits in front of this router/

The XR1000 is a gaming router.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Nighthawk Pro Gaming Routers - NETGEAR Communities

Gaming routers have their own DumaOS operating system that is nothing like the one on Netgear's standard routers.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Please visit and post about this over in the Nighthawk Gaming Router forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/bd-p/en-home-nighthawk-pro-gaming-rout...

Thank you. 

@CharliR72 wrote:
I am using an Nighthawk XR1000

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You're on your 3rd XR1000 in one day? How did you setup the router, using the app? Can you connect to WiFi/interface using a PC?
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7