× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WiFi devices disconnect & incorrect password

Ant30
Aspirant

WiFi devices disconnect & incorrect password

Hoping someone can help? I purchased the R800P back in January. For around the past month every five to seven days all devices connected via WiFi will disconnect. Strangely, my CCTV remains connected as its via Ethernet yet my Samsung smart home hub disconnects from the internet despite being connected via Ethernet. When attempting to re connect to the WiFi network it shows ‘incorrect password’ and unless I do another factory reset it will not allow me to proceed any further. It seems netgear like to sting you as it shows my hardware is subject to a warranty however the warranty can’t be exercised until I purchase premium phone support! Flabbergasted but hope someone can help?
Thank you.
Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: WiFi devices disconnect & incorrect password

What firmware are you on? 

Are you actually resetting the router or rebooting the router to get it working? 

What modem is it connected to? 

Message 2 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Would suggest posting here as you will get more tailored answers for your router model https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk
Message 3 of 5
Ant30
Aspirant

Firmware is 1.4.1.62_1.3.22

I have had to reboot it three times this week (turned off and back on) although on todays attempt it didn't work, now the connection to all devices is dropping probably every few hours or so. I have done one factory reset which worked for all of about two weeks, then back to this original fault. It is connected to a virgin media super hub. 

thanks for the reply!

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

You could try downgrading the firmware a version or 2. 

If you downgrade, do it over a hardwired connection, reset the router afterwards, and then manually reinstall. 

I know version 1.4.1.50 got the netgear armor update and not all devices played nicely with it. If you tried that one and it has issues, try 1.4.1.42 as it was a pretty solid version of the firmware. 

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7