× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WiFi won’t turn on after downgrading firmware XR500

kopyone
Aspirant

WiFi won’t turn on after downgrading firmware XR500

Hello,

I updated to the beta firmware 2.3.2.108 recently. I had some issues, so downgraded back to 2.3.2.66 and now my Wifi will not turn on and i always get the message "DumaOS not loaded yet"

I tried resetting to factory with the reset button on the back, i tried the 30-30-30 reset. i have flashed other previous firmwares, by TFTP, i can not get the wifi to come back on, and always get the "DumaOS not loaded yet" message when trying to log in to the interface.

If i do a factory reset, it loads the initial setup screens and i can set the admin password, wifi SSID and password, etc.... but after that, nothing. and the Wifi never turns on.

Any idea what could have happened or how to fix it? I have searched for the issue, and none of the fixes i've found work...

Ironically, as a last resort, I TFTP'd the latest supported DD-WRT build, and everything works great... wifi and all. But as soon as i try to upload and of the official firmwares, the same thing happens. I'm at a loss of what to do now.

Thanks for any help I can get!
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Clear the browser cache/cookies as it may be trying to load the beta versions of the pages still, assuming you then have access, disable WiFi from Settings > Advanced > Advanced Wireless settings then reboot, enable it again and reboot and see if that works.
Message 2 of 8
kopyone
Aspirant

Actually now nothing happens as all. Only the usb2 light comes on and nothing else.

No reset will work. Tftp will not connect. I even disassembled the router and tried connecting to the serial header..... nothing.

It’s basically a paperweight.

I think it’s toast.
Message 3 of 8
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

OK, 

Are you also no longer able to access the interface via your browser?

Are there no lights at all on the unit or are any lights showing orange?

Message 4 of 8
kopyone
Aspirant

Correct. No lights whatsoever except the USB2 light is on. Nothing changes that.

Tried 30-30-30 reset, tried connecting to tftp, even tried disassembling the unit and connecting to serial pins with putty.

Nothing whatsoever.

Message 5 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

This may sound like a weird suggestion but could you unplug the router from the power for as long as you can but at least 10 minutes please. This will let the residual power drain, then connect it again and see if there is any difference.
Message 6 of 8
kopyone
Aspirant

Same thing. Just the usb2 light is on. The router was unplugged overnight.

Still can’t connect to it
Message 7 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If TFTP isn't working then there isn't much you can do. I would not ever recommend doing a 30-30-30 reset as it can cause damage to the router. I'd recommend contacting NG for a replacement if possible. http://support.netgear.com/
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7