× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi and lan dropping internet connection xr500

Wifi and lan dropping internet connection xr500

My connection keeps constantly dropping and is very slow I checked to see if my router needs and update and its on the lastest firmware v2.3.2.40 I can't find any solution to this and it's just very irritating just because not only do I experince lag in game but I just get kicked out because the internet just stops working out of nowhere it even stops working while I am hardwired into the router all it says is I have no internet access

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 14
plemans
Guru

Re: Wifi and lan dropping internet connection xr500

What modem are you connected to?

Message 2 of 14

No modem my internet comes from the wall to the router it's been like this since I bought my house never had issues untill now
Message 3 of 14
plemans
Guru

and that ethernet comes from somewhere.
What is it connected to?
Device and who's your isp?
Message 4 of 14

Local internet company
Message 5 of 14
plemans
Guru

@Thizzlegaming wrote:
Local internet company

That response helped not even slightly. 
i'm doing my best to help you but you've gotta do a little bit too. 

Look at where the ethernet cable runs from and figure out what gateway device it is. 

Some gateway devices have their own integrated router functions. Which can cause issues/drops when you're running a double nat. Or your isp might require certain settings to function properly. But without some basic information, we'll never know. 

Message 6 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Upgrade to this firmware and then perform a factory reset: https://kb.netgear.com/000061157/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2-56

Does it still occur after that?
Message 7 of 14

Yes it does still do it and from the router ethernet plug to the wall is it there is no modem in between. The local internet runs from the house to the light pole I have a tech coming out to look at the pole connection and if that doesn't work I'll just go another route
Message 8 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

How often does it drop? When it happens does the ISP hub still have internet? Does it come back on its own or do you have to reboot?
Message 9 of 14

It drops during the day at least a hour at a time and yes it is still on and I have to reboot the router everytime to get the internet to work. The firmware is up to date
Message 10 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

When it happens is the internet LED on the router red or white?
Message 11 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

One thing to try to help narrow this down, use the top wifi radio button and press it for 5 seconds. Both 2.4 and 5Ghz LEDS will turn off. Turn the router for a while to see if the router keeps dropping the connection. Let us know what you find out. 

@Thizzlegaming wrote:
It drops during the day at least a hour at a time and yes it is still on and I have to reboot the router everytime to get the internet to work. The firmware is up to date

Message 12 of 14

Thank you for all of the help the problem was outside from the pole to my house that line was damaged due to the bad storm that came through last week. Finally had a tech come out from my local internet company I really appreciate all the suggestions and help
Message 13 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Aweome. Glad it wasn't the router. 

Please mark your thread and solved so others will know. 

Enjoy now. Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 14
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7