× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi keeps dropping on R7000

J-Schu
Aspirant

Wifi keeps dropping on R7000

I have only had this for a just under 4 months and it keeps dropping wifi. Its getting worse. I had bought this to use instead of the router provided by Spectrum. I need it for work (publishing large files in Adobe and Storyline) And for gaming on my PS4. How can I get this to work right? Or is my router a dud?
Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Wifi keeps dropping on R7000

1. What modem is it connected to? 

2. what firmware is on it? (don't say the latest)

3. Is it only wifi? Does wired drop?

Message 2 of 5
J-Schu
Aspirant

Hi!
It's currently connected to the modem supplied our IPS (Spectrum)
I do believe it's been updated to the most current firmware 😞

We don't have anything connected directly to it. Our router is on our middle floor but we both have computers and playstations set up on the lower and top level of our apartment.
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

@J-Schu wrote:
Hi!
It's currently connected to the modem supplied our IPS (Spectrum)---itll have a model number it. that helps more than "a modem from our isp"
I do believe it's been updated to the most current firmware :(-----with the r7000, thats up for debate. thats why we ask. its pretty simple to log into it and view what firmware version its on

Message 4 of 5
J-Schu
Aspirant

Oh 😅 okay. I will find all of that info once I get home and respond with all that 😃
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7