× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Will a Nighthawk Pro XR500 solve this problem.

Rowanze
Follower

Will a Nighthawk Pro XR500 solve this problem.

My son presently host a Minecraft and a Garry's Mod server on a PC in our house.  Garry's Mod server traffic is generated by a database of servers, which unfortunately reveal our IP address upon connection.  Recently, we have been suffering ddos/dos attacks and I am seeking a solution.  If I purchase an XR500, will that help me to solve the issue (assuing I have a seperate VPN solution).  I know that Garry's Mod does not like to play nicely with VPNs, but I wonder if there is a way to use the "hybridVPN" of this router to solve my ddos/dos problem.  Any advice?  Thanks.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Will a Nighthawk Pro XR500 solve this problem.

The Hybrid VPN can prevent your IP from being released but then if the VPN server goes down because it was hit then you will need to reconnect to the same/different server. I couldn't say whether the VPN will work specifically as that's up to the game but in theory yes that is what it was designed to help with.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7