× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Will the XR500 Geo-Filter Support These Game

YT-xIndicaxHigh
Aspirant

Will the XR500 Geo-Filter Support These Game

So imma YouTube Streamers & a Gamer an i just ordered the netgear XR500 Pro Gaming Router off Amazon. An i was wondering if the Geo-Filter will support these game that i play that im gonna list here. Some are Peer to Peer but one is run off a Dedicated Server. Does this router Geo Filter or the buffer option support these games.

- Tom Clancy The Division 2

- Tom Clancy The Division

- Farcry 5

- Farcry 3

- Call of Duty Series

- Battlefield Series

- Minecraft Servers

Another question would this router improve my livestreaming on my gaming pc to my YouTube Channel. Sense i was told that Xfinity hides features for sucerity reasons. I was told by agents to order a 3rd Party & use my Xfinity XB6 Modem as just as Modem. So will this router also improve my livestreaming.

My speeds are 400 Download with 10 Upload with the 20% Increase speeds for free with my total upload would be 12 MBPS

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Re: Will the XR500 Geo-Filter Support These Game

In order to improve your streaming, you could use DumaOS to assign lots of upload bandwidth to the device that you stream from, so that other devices on the network will not be able to slow your stream down.

As for compatibility, the only game from the list I can see the Geo-Filter having trouble with would be Minecraft because if the specific server you're trying to connect to is outside of your Geo-Filter Radius, it won't connect. Any games with matchmaking will be helped by Geo-Filter.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7