× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Will the xr500 benefit me if I live far away from the servers ?

IMMORTAL_AD
Aspirant

Will the xr500 benefit me if I live far away from the servers ?

Hello,

I libe in Dubai, far away from most games' servers as most servers are in EU, US & eastern Asia. My question is wether the router will help me reducing the ping or any other benefits ? and how will it do it ?
Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi IMMORTAL, distance to servers is one of the contributing factors of lag. So whilst you cannot change where they are located you can use the Geo-Filter to force your game to use the servers that play best for you, whether it be in any of those regions.

Local Congestion is an issue that everyone will face and so the router would definitely fix that and give you the best connection possible.
Message 2 of 4
IMMORTAL_AD
Aspirant

How does it fix local congestion ? And will the solution cause problems to others users like if someone is streaming netflix, youtube... etc
Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It ensures that everyone can use the internet without causing lag/buffering. So it would absolutely not cause issues for people streaming. Everyone would be happy because they can use the internet how they want without impacting others.

You can also prioritize your gaming traffic so you get the best ping possible.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7