× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wireless Networks will not enable

LegionLord
Follower

Wireless Networks will not enable

So yesterday all devices lost internet access.  I checked and router has the most recent firmware.  I check the boxes for "enable SSID broadcast" and apply.  Even rebooted router.  Can not see our wireless network for devices to connect to.  Any ideas?

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Wireless Networks will not enable

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?
What WPA security modes are you using?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO.

Try a factory reset and set up the router from scratch.

@LegionLord wrote:

So yesterday all devices lost internet access.  I checked and router has the most recent firmware.  I check the boxes for "enable SSID broadcast" and apply.  Even rebooted router.  Can not see our wireless network for devices to connect to.  Any ideas?

Message 2 of 7
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

If you connect an ethernet cable into a LAN port on the router and the other end into your PC, can you access the internet? Can you also access the router settings (at routerlogin.net)?

Message 3 of 7
Blazey
Initiate

This happened to me on 2/5/19 on my XR500 router. This issue appears to be within update Firmware 2.3.2.40.

After various troubleshooting, the only thing that worked was reverting back to previous Firmware 2.3.2.22 and everything worked again as expected.

I didn't have Firmware update 2.3.2.32 saved so I did not test that at this time. 

Message 4 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for the workaround Blazey, when did the issue present itself to you?
Message 5 of 7
Blazey
Initiate

This happened to me on 2/5/19 at approximately 5pm EST.  LAN/Wireless had worked in the afternoon on my home network, then stopped working between 4-6pm EST.

To be clear, the issue that affected me was with all devices at once, Wired/Wireless until reverting to previous firmware, running the Netgear Genie fix it client, then rebooting.

Message 6 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

So it was a disconnect rather than not being able to toggle WiFi?
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7