× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Works perfectly but can’t do it

Noahh
Guide

Works perfectly but can’t do it

So I recently tested what my ping would be like if I didn’t use a power line adapter so I had to move my pc across my house and I got double the download and upload speed and it fixed my ping and making it better but my router is in my living room and my room is in the basement and the power line adapter doesn’t work cause my houses wiring is older and a moca adapter won’t work either cause for some reason i can’t find one in my house what is the best option
Message 1 of 4
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Re: Works perfectly but can’t do it

Hmm... A mesh network might be worth looking into.

If your house is very large it can be an expensive option though, you'll need lots of units.

What kind of speeds are you getting at both ends of the Powerline adapter?

Make sure that both adapters are gigabit and all wires being used are gigabit.

Message 2 of 4
Noahh
Guide

The power line adapter is a tp link 1000 I think and the cables are cat6 but I’ve heard even with a mesh extender it is expensive and it might have more delay than what I have. For speeds I’m getting as low as 50 mgbs and as high as 80/90 but I’m supposed to be getting up to 300
Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

This happened with my powerline adapter and my wifi extender provided by the ISP so I know it is the wiring. I'm not sure how feasible it is for you but what I did was run an ethernet cable from the router to a different room, keeping it to the edges of the rooms it goes through and taping it down. I made sure to get a flat cable so it can be stood on without causing damage. I don't even notice it through the place now but it resolved the issue for me immediately. Now I have the XR500 more central in my place and it provides a consistent, fast speed across the entire place.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7