× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Worst router ever

Reavo81
Aspirant

Worst router ever

Here i am again but i'm now at a loss as to what i do with the worst router on the planet.

This product has beena serous problem and constant thorn since the day i made the mistake of buying it.

Does anyone have any advice on how i can speak to Netgear to get rid? I have dealt with loads of routers and some really great netgear products but this is terrible.

I've had enough.

Thanks.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Worst router ever

What is the issue you're having currently? Our newest beta build is quite stable in my opinion and may resolve some of these issues.
Message 2 of 8
Reavo81
Aspirant

Hi, well the NetDuma operating system is frankly the worst interface i've experienced.

• Every time i log into the router i get the tutorial of Netduma.
  • Sometimes the device manager loads up and very often they don't
  • I very often get the R-app failed to load
  • The Nighthawk app is absolutely dreadful and very unstable

I can now no longer log into the router and it appears that the only way to fix this is to perform a factory reset, which is at least the 6th time this has had to be done.

I've installed alot of Orbi routers and they are miles better than this junk which so often just doesn't keep a stable connection to the internet.

It is absolutely rubbish.

Message 3 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Have you bookmarked a URL for accessing the router? If so you may have bookmarked the initial URL that includes the tour. Otherwise does your browser save cache/cookies or have you set it to wipe when you close the browser?

Can you access using routerlogin.net/adv_index.htm ? If so then upgrade there or factory reset then upgrade to this latest firmware which is quite stable based on reports then do a factory reset and see how you get on https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mwe5sx81gsc129/XR500-V2.3.2.114-DumaOS3.0.203.img?dl=0
Message 4 of 8
Reavo81
Aspirant

So I need to reset, then upgrade then reset again?

Yes I bookmarked the router page. Is the only way to stop this by manually accessing each time using the IP address?
Message 5 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

As you're unable to access the interface then yes.

Okay so remove that bookmark - go to routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1 - the tutorial shouldn't appear, then bookmark the page.
Message 6 of 8
Reavo81
Aspirant

Ok, so this does seem to be a huge improvement. 

There are still some graphical overlay issues but the functionality seems far better. I'll give it some testing over the next few weeks.

Whilst you're here could i maybe question you on a few of the new looking features?

The connection benchamark seems to be a useful feature but could you explain the sections?

My speed is fine with an A+ rating

the same with the Ping test at A+

but, the latency one (Ping test underload) comes back at D. Could you tell me what affect this will have and if/how i can improve this?

Thanks.

Message 7 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Great to hear that! Let us know how you get on, what are the graphical issues you have noticed?

So Ping Test Underload indicates what your ping could be if your connection was under load from downloads, streams etc i.e. your connection was being heavily used. So that can show what your game ping could be. You can then use this test and utilize Congestion Control at different percentages to see what will lower the results as much as possible. Thereby limiting what your ping would go up to in the case of Congestion. We're still working on the accuracy of Benchmark but give it a go.
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7