× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Wouldn't connect to internet after reboot

TAJ68PR
Tutor

Wouldn't connect to internet after reboot

I have an XR500 with firmware V2.3.2.40 I had to do a  reboot and when I did it stopped conecting to the internet. my isp is Frontier and it's an ethernet connection to the ONT. I tried spoofing the mac address of the Frontier router but that didn't work.  I had to connect the Frontier router, call Frontier have them resetup the Frontier router then I called them back and had them release the ip address on the Frontier router then I was able to connect the XR500 and it connected to the internet.. Is that normal will I have to call Frontier every time I reboot the XR500 or loose power? By the way I had to call Frontier and have them release the ip address on the Froniter router for the initial setup of the XR500.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

No you shouldn't have to do that at all. I'd suggest setting a static IP on the frontier for the XR500 and it should re-establish a connection after a reboot.
Message 2 of 5
TAJ68PR
Tutor

I have the XR500 connected directly to the ONT via ethernet not using the Frontier router. Is you answer still the same?

Message 3 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

No doesn't apply, thanks for the info. This might have been a one time thing for new connection of the router.
Message 4 of 5
TAJ68PR
Tutor

Thank you for the quick replies... I think I found a sort of solution aparently you can renew and release  the ip address from the Frontier router without having to call Frontier but I haven't tried it yet.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7