× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XBox One and PS4 Online at Same Time. Issues?

Mygamertagsucks
Apprentice

XBox One and PS4 Online at Same Time. Issues?

Hey all, I know I'm terrible about coming back and responding to replies, but I promise this time I will follow it until the end.
Here is a question I have now that an Xbox one is on my network, and I game on a PS4. I have hardwired my PS4 to the router, port forwarded all of the necessary ports for Call of Duty, and usually, have no issues. However, the Xbox one is always connected to the internet. Even when it's not being used, it's in that "standby" mode, where it stays online. And the worst part is that the user of the Xbox one does not play online games. That being said, he doesn't care and leaves it connected. The times I notice an issue is when he is actually playing the Xbox one. He doesn't play online multiplayer, or even do jack with it online, but he's convinced it has to stay online all the time. Anyhow, he plays Sniper Elite 4, A LOT. I try to wait until he's done playing his game before I turn my PS4 on. Generally, when the XBox One is in standby mode, the game plays OK. When the machine is actually offline, the game plays great. But when he is online at the same time as me, I notice I start to get weird issues. Mainly, my ping goes from 30 to 50-60Mbps. I also start getting the instances where I see someone who is looking away from me, and as I run up to kill them, I'm dead. Turns out the player had turned and ADSd, and he basically got a free kill. That is my single biggest issue that I am not sure how to fix. I don't even know if it is the Xbox one being online at the same time as me, but it's what I've fixated on. I've put my PS4 in the traffic prioritization, and have dumaOS classified games turns on. I have nearly all of my internet being prioritized to me, leaving me 15.0mbps up, and 360mbps down, which I know is overkill. I just feel like I'm missing something. Does anybody have any ideas what I should be looking for?
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XBox One and PS4 Online at Same Time. Issues?

So on Traffic Prioritization disable DumaOS Classified Games so only your PS4 is prioritized - Classified Games will likely be prioritizing the Xbox over you in some cases. Also given you've port forwarded the Xbox will be battling to use those ports as well, remove them and set NAT to Open in WAN Settings instead and see how you get on.
Message 2 of 3
Mygamertagsucks
Apprentice

Re: XBox One and PS4 Online at Same Time. Issues?

I will give this a go and let you know how things go. Thank you for all of your help.
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7