× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR 450 Wifi Speed slower than Wired

CrossCarrier
Aspirant

XR 450 Wifi Speed slower than Wired

I have a XR450, and theoritcally a 5ghz should be able to go past 300MBS right? I'm standing right next my router and I am pretty sure I turned off all of those settings which might limit speed. I'm getting around 200 ish range right in front of my router but my Wired is just fine. Is this normal? My wired goes 300 consistantly... It's not defective is it?

Message 1 of 13
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR 450 Wifi Speed slower than Wired

If there are wireless devices such as phones, headsets etc within close proximity of the router than can interfere with the signal so move any of these devices at least 3 feet away. Also use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel and then change to that and redo the speed test.
Message 2 of 13
CrossCarrier
Aspirant

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
If there are wireless devices such as phones, headsets etc within close proximity of the router than can interfere with the signal so move any of these devices at least 3 feet away. Also use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel and then change to that and redo the speed test.

Does DUMAOS have a wifi anazlyer?

Message 3 of 13
CrossCarrier
Aspirant

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:

My channel is by itself, it is not congested. It is the only one on its channel... and there are no other devices in a 3 feet proximity.

Message 4 of 13
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

No it doesn't have a wireless analyzer. Could you provide a screenshot of your Advanced WiFi Settings please? Also double check you've done everything in this guide: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000076586-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-m...
Message 5 of 13
CrossCarrier
Aspirant

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
No it doesn't have a wireless analyzer. Could you provide a screenshot of your Advanced WiFi Settings please? Also double check you've done everything in this guide: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000076586-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-m...

I followed the guide but it still hasn't worked 😕 The rest of the settings is all checked. I can't add two pictures for some reason.

Message 6 of 13
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That all looks fine, it's really the second half of the screenshot I'd need to see really. Which device are you testing the speed with? Do you have any other WiFi devices you can test with? Do they get the same results?
Message 7 of 13
CrossCarrier
Aspirant

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
That all looks fine, it's really the second half of the screenshot I'd need to see really. Which device are you testing the speed with? Do you have any other WiFi devices you can test with? Do they get the same results?

Yup 😕 I tried speedtest.net on a laptop and a phone. Both with the same speed. My ISP is around 300Mbps up and down. Wired connection from the router does that, but a singular device on Wifi 5Ghz does not. I'm getting around 200ish range on both up and down.

Message 8 of 13
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Disable HT160 and that should resolve the issue.
Message 9 of 13
CrossCarrier
Aspirant

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
Disable HT160 and that should resolve the issue.

I did, it still is the same 😞

Message 10 of 13
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I think the best thing to do here would be to do a factory reset, set up from scratch, just disable smart connect and input your bandwidth speeds and do a test. Don't change any other setting and see what you get.
Message 11 of 13
CrossCarrier
Aspirant

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
I think the best thing to do here would be to do a factory reset, set up from scratch, just disable smart connect and input your bandwidth speeds and do a test. Don't change any other setting and see what you get.

Okay good news, my Wifi for donwload is 300 but my upload is still a bit lower(225 ish range). Is that normal? Ethernet has been checked to bring in 300 Mbps on Download and Upload speed too.

Message 12 of 13
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's great, it can fluctuate like download but do you get the same every time? Have you got any other WiFi devices you can test with?
Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7