× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR 500 Firmware Issue

Nickb123
Follower

XR 500 Firmware Issue

I have an issue for over 6 months where my duma os does not load at all i've tried everything possible to fix it. Before I was able to get into the duma os interface but only half of the options would load and they wouldnt update when I changed them around. I recently updated the firmware to the 3.0 beta (cleared cache and all that stuff) and now duma os doesn't load at all and when I factory reset it, it's factory resetting to the 3.0 beta for some reason and not to the 2.3.2.56 firmware that it was on previously. I now have no way to acess the interface to change anything at all. What should I do about this issue?

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: XR 500 Firmware Issue

Does a factory reset of the router and wire connect a PC to the router and use a web browser, Edge or Firefox, able to access the router at 192.168.1.1? 

For any OS 3.0 problems, please post in the beta forum for that FW OS. 

Message 2 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR 500 Firmware Issue

A factory reset will not revert the firmware, it will clear all settings etc and keep you on the firmware you were on previously. What device/browser are you using to try and access the interface?
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7