× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR 500 Network map not showing wired xbox one x

FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. Hopefully next FW update will be much better. Not sure when it will be forthcoming. Keep on eye out on the download page or in here in the forums for it. 

@tfbit wrote:

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
I would recommend downgrading yes as the issue was introduced in .40. You shouldn't need to redo those settings at all.

I decided to revert to .32 last night and it did just pick up and keep working.  The Device Manager seems better now, correctly showing all my devices as they enter and exit my network. Did notice that .32 doesn't have the table view like .40 does so things like signal strength for wireless devices are unavailable now. I'm going to try out the Nighthawk app when I get home and see if it shows that kind of stuff. Also, I know .32 doesn't have MAC address filtering and I never looked for it in .40. I read that the DUMAOS team didn't have time to get if implemented for some firmware update. Does .40 have it? I'm betting the next firmware update will probably fix everything.

Message 101 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

There is no MAC address filtering in .40 and couldn't say if/when that would be implemented.
Message 102 of 155
jeremyg237
Luminary

I have to say I am very disappointed in NETGEAR. Especially when they are trying to sell a new netduma/gaming router and the XR500 is not working properly. Here we are 7 months later and know new firmware. So I guess I am asking if the offical policy of NETGEAR is to go back to an older firmware .32 and that it takes 6-? months to maybe get a fix maybe? I am currently a program manager of 3 programs etimated at over $4 mil and this would never be excepted as an answer. Suggest hiring a PMP and also do an audit on this program. 

Message 103 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I can only speak on behalf of Netduma, we don't determine when the firmware is released unfortunately that is down to Netgear.
Message 104 of 155
tfbit
Tutor

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
I can only speak on behalf of Netduma, we don't determine when the firmware is released unfortunately that is down to Netgear.

Not irritated, just wondering and have questions:

It seems like the firmware and DUMAOS are a package in that when I reverted to .32 the DUMAOS Device Manager no longer had the table view feature. Another diference I noted is that the "Priority Traffic" indicator in .32 is round while in .40 it's a square.

So does Netgear create new firmware then Netduma provides a new version of OS, with features specified by Netgear, to be packaged with the firmware download?

Or does Netduma say to Netgear "We have a cool new feature" and ask Netgear to make changes to their firmware?

Who does the final integration testing of the two pieces?

Thanks!

Todd 

Message 105 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We create a new firmware with DumaOS changes (not Settings etc) and test that ourselves. We then pass that onto Netgear who integrate that with their changes to Settings etc and they then test the whole firmware as well and decide from there when to release the firmware as a whole.
Message 106 of 155
jeremyg237
Luminary

Then if I was NETDUMA I would sterp away from NETGEAR. I was one of the original oweners of the first NETDUMA router. No issues with product at all. Went with the XR500 due to more tecnology advances. Dont let NETDUMA get a bad name because the NETGEAR wants to slow roll this. 

Message 107 of 155
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 108 of 155
tfbit
Tutor

If I check for update I only get 2.3.2.40.

Message 109 of 155
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Either @Xr500 was lying or they're doing a limited rollout.

Message 110 of 155
tfbit
Tutor

V2.3.2.56 showed up on my check for update!

Message 111 of 155
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Yes indeed it's really out now for real this time

Message 112 of 155
jacegibson
Star

No update for the xr700 yet 😞
Message 113 of 155
jacegibson
Star

Btw my xr700 has been having issues with ethernet. Every so often everything connected to its ethernet ports will lose connection and all devices would show strange ip addresses. Wifi still works . Ive reset to factory settings and same issue. Rebooting the router fixes it but it happens again days or a week later been doing it for months already
Message 114 of 155
FURRYe38
Guru

You may want to ask @Christian_R if you can get ahold of the beta. 

@jacegibson wrote:
Btw my xr700 has been having issues with ethernet. Every so often everything connected to its ethernet ports will lose connection and all devices would show strange ip addresses. Wifi still works . Ive reset to factory settings and same issue. Rebooting the router fixes it but it happens again days or a week later been doing it for months already

Message 115 of 155
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Do you have a network switch you could put between the XR700 and the Ethernet devices to see if that helps? If not don't worry, I was just wondering.

Message 116 of 155
jacegibson
Star

Managed or unmanaged?
Message 117 of 155
FURRYe38
Guru

Un-managed, non-green ethernet would be preferred. 

@jacegibson wrote:
Managed or unmanaged?

Message 118 of 155
jeremyg237
Luminary

I started this thread in January. Still not fixed. There is nothing that can be said on my disappointment with this issue. A gaming router that can see consoles and will not fix it. That is the issue. Also you lost a costumer. Once this thing breaks I am not going to get a netgear again.

Message 119 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I understand your frustration, we are working on a new version that should fix a lot of issues like this while simultaneously bringing out new features.
Message 120 of 155
FURRYe38
Guru

My XR450 sees both of my Xbox consoles since day one. 

Message 121 of 155
jeremyg237
Luminary

Notice the 450 and not 500. Seems to be a 500 issue.

Message 122 of 155
FURRYe38
Guru

The 450 and 500 are the same HW, less the 2.4Ghz radios. Same code base in FW. 

Message 123 of 155
MeteorMike
Guide

I'm using the newest firmware and I'm havin the same problem. XR500 Device Manager Network Map shows several devices offline that are connected. I have tried the reboot fix but that is just a pain to do over and over. I haven't tried going back to the older firmware but I may try that this weekend.

Message 124 of 155
MeteorMike
Guide

I'm using the newest firmware and I'm havin the same problem. XR500 Device Manager Network Map shows several devices offline that are connected. I have tried the reboot fix but that is just a pain to do over and over. I haven't tried going back to the older firmware but I may try that this weekend.

Message 125 of 155
Discussion stats
  • 154 replies
  • 11 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7