× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR1000 fire stick 4k issues

XR1000 fire stick 4k issues

Hello, I have contacted Amazon about my Fire Stick 4k connecting to my router's 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi. But loses internet connection. So I had received an exchange thinking maybe it was defective, nope same issue. And I am not sure what to do, but I am on the latest firmeware for the XR1000 I factory reset and tried again. no dice. I factory reset the Fire Stick but no dice. All wireless devices inside my home connect to the router just fine with zero issues. and when I connect my fire stick to my phone's wifi hotspot, works flawlessly. So I assume its an issue between firestick and my router. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you 

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: XR1000 fire stick 4k issues

Make sure you connect it to the 5ghz. 2.4ghz is a slow network and sensitive to interference. 

Are you using any special characters in the ssid/password? Try removing them if so as I've seen several IoT devices with issues on those. 

Are you using dfs channels for the 5ghz? if so, try using the upper or lower 5ghz channels and not the dfs ones. 

Message 2 of 6
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Good response above!

Can you also try giving the Firestick a static IP from the DumaOS interface under Settings -> Setup -> LAN Setup and see if it still disconnects?

Message 3 of 6

not sure what you mean by dfs channels, if you could elaborate and inform that would be great. thank you so much for your response.

Message 4 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: XR100 fire stick 4k issues

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are you using Smart Connect for WiFi? Some devices have trouble with the switching between 2.4/5GHz so best to disable that and connect it to one or the other.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7