× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR1000

Vinstrong
Tutor

XR1000

HI all.

Purchased and installed the above router, however i can't seem to get the geofencing to work. I keep getting errors, like this:

Error: RPC error 'ERROR_CMDFAIL': Exec '//usr/bin/geoip -m 1719 -f /tmp/geoip_ipc2' failed with 1
 Can anyone please steer mer in the right direction?
TIA.

Message 1 of 5
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR1000

Could you please try removing all profiles you've added to Geo-filter, then re-add the one you need. I believe this issue can occur if you've got overlapping filters, so make sure your profiles aren't filtering the same thing.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW version is currently loaded? 

What Browser are you using?

@Vinstrong wrote:

HI all.

Purchased and installed the above router, however i can't seem to get the geofencing to work. I keep getting errors, like this:

Error: RPC error 'ERROR_CMDFAIL': Exec '//usr/bin/geoip -m 1719 -f /tmp/geoip_ipc2' failed with 1
 Can anyone please steer mer in the right direction?
TIA.

Message 3 of 5
Vinstrong
Tutor

Version XR1000 1.0.0.64_1.0.49

Using chrome, have cleared cache and history.

So i am now seeing data on the geo filter page (similar to what ive seen on you tube) ,however after loading up PS5 with call of duty MW2, latency still shows 200ms ,even though i have only Australia within my fencing. Am i missing something?

TIA

Message 4 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Can you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing on the map when you're in a game?
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7