× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR1000 GeoFilter "The Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute" on DumaOS

Phaino
Star

Re: XR1000 GeoFilter "The Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute" on DumaOS

Exactly what Brandon said. 

Ridiculous - we have to downgrade firmware - just to upgrade it again. 

Why has there been no firmware fix? 

Message 26 of 49
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It's not as easy as throwing a firmware out to fix it, the entire firmware has to get tested, if there is an issue the process starts again. Rest assured we're doing what we can to get it out as fast as possible.
Message 27 of 49
Brandon2021
Tutor

Probably better to not respond. I’m sure I’m not alone in not giving an F about what is ”easy” on your end. You charge premium pricing for your products and people rightfully expect better. Especially when you market a product to do a particular thing and if fails at the very thing people invested in.
Message 28 of 49
Shadeaux
Star

Problem is, there is no error thrown during router installation.

No indication that anything went wrong when firmware is upgraded during that installation. 

And the "fix" is to try it again and cross your fingers that THIS time it will work.

I have 2 different routers XR500 (which USED to work) and XR1000 both doing the same thing. 

If the firmware upgrade breaks key features of the device, then why not pull the upgrade?

Message 29 of 49
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Shadeaux you wouldn't see an error during installation. If you're using the XR1000 then disable Armor and reboot from the interface, that can sometimes cause an error. If it was a really widespread issue then we would, looking on a support forum gives the impression it is when that's what the forum is there for to help those having issues but it represents a small percentage of users in reality.
Message 30 of 49
Shadeaux
Star

So I downgraded to the 50 version firmware that I downloaded from your site. Reset router with pin on back and started all over. I skipped the upgrade during setup. The 50 version throws exact same error.
Message 31 of 49
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Is that with Armor disabled?
Message 32 of 49
Shadeaux
Star

I have never activated armor...it shows as unactivated when I click armor icon in top right. 

I went ahead an let firmware upgrade to latest. Waited. Same result. 

Message 33 of 49
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Do you have a web based Adblocker? If so whitelist the interface, also are you forcing a connection to the interface through HTTPS?
Message 34 of 49
Shadeaux
Star

No ad blocker. No https. Multiple browsers tried. 

Message 35 of 49
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Can you provide a full screen screenshot when you're getting the error please so I can see if anything is amiss
Message 36 of 49
Shadeaux
Star

3DBBE7DD-0491-4BC7-8E70-7DB0A913D8B6.jpeg4B578CDF-4C3B-470D-8927-D7DD5A272446.jpeg

Message 37 of 49
Shadeaux
Star

Message 38 of 49
Shadeaux
Star

Message 39 of 49
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you take a full screenshot please so I can see the browser and all the interface https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots-00246869-1843-6...
Message 40 of 49
Shadeaux
Star

Message 41 of 49
Shadeaux
Star

Message 42 of 49
Shadeaux
Star

Message 43 of 49
Shadeaux
Star

Message 44 of 49
Shadeaux
Star

Everything works..except Geofilter and heatmap. 

Message 45 of 49
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I think the best thing to do would be to reinstall using TFTP and follow the method I posted here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/XR1000-GeoFilter-quot-The-Rapp-is-not-...

It's something persisting through resets so that is the best chance to resolve the source of the issue
Message 46 of 49
Shadeaux
Star

So, some more bizarre behavior. After doing the previous reset steps, my router started throwing a config not read error (white page with error) whenever trying to go to router login.net...even after restart. 

I had not had a chance to reset again and since the actual internet was working, it wasn't a pressing need. 

However, last night, while watching Hulu through the wifi connection, suddenly all wifi devices stopped connecting to internet, and when I looked at network connection options in my iPhone, I saw that my network was broadcasting the default Netgear SSID, instead of the name I had set. Stange indeed...

I could connect to that SSID, with iPhone/iPad, but it said not secured and didn't actually work.

So, I reset router with switch on back of router...AGAIN.

After the setup completed, all the RAPPS were working, and fast, including Geofilter and Heat Map.

I don't know how long it will stay working, and it was very strange for the SSID to change WHILE I WAS USING IT.
Buggy. 

Message 47 of 49
Goletto13
Aspirant

Just wanted to confirm this was the process to fix the issues discussed here, the same issues i have been experienceing for the last 2 days.

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP?artic...

It is a nightmare of a process but it did work. 

To be clear I purchased a new Netgear Nighthawk XR1000 gaming router and found that even after a proper installation and setup the geo filter and ping heatmap did not show up at all. 

I followed previous steps to reboot, reset, and reinstall the current firmware. None of which solved this issue. 

However following this process did work. 

Good Luck

Message 48 of 49
Shadeaux
Star

No, I uploaded a config through the router admin pages once to older firmware that I downloaded, but that didn't resolve it.

I didn't do the process on that link with the DOS command prompt. 

Another quirk people should be aware of is if you are using, say, Edge Browser to access router page for setup, but your DEFAULT Browser is, say, Google Chrome, then at points during install, Edge opens next step in Chrome, instead of Edge Browser you were using... and having the 2 browsers trying to access same pages causes issues. 

So, use default browser to setup.

Message 49 of 49
Discussion stats
  • 48 replies
  • 17 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7