XR1000 GeoFilter "The Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute" on DumaOS

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR1000 GeoFilter "The Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute" on DumaOS

@Shadeaux ah that's a different issue, you'll need to factory reset for that one. It likely occurred from upgrading during the setup wizard without a reset after which is recommended
Message 26 of 53
Shadeaux
Star

Re: XR1000 GeoFilter "The Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute" on DumaOS

Well, I did factory reset by holding in the pin on the back...went through setup...reset router before logging into UI. Waited 5 minutes. Logged in. Still does same thing. Throws uncaught exception, then says Rapp not loaded on geofilter and ping heatmap. Everything else works fine. Even auto ping on geofilter page works. Not the other 2 boxes, though. 

Message 27 of 53
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

As you're still getting the error, I believe you'll need to downgrade back to the previous firmware, then upgrade back to the new one again. That should resolve the issue for you.

Message 28 of 53
Brandon2021
Tutor

You'd think knowing this is a wide spread issue support would put out another firmware update fixing this. It's bad enough paying $250 plus for a router, but it's a whole other problem installing a router in a house with 50+ devices connected then being told you need to do a factory reboot and start over to correct it.  

Message 29 of 53
Phaino
Star

Exactly what Brandon said. 

Ridiculous - we have to downgrade firmware - just to upgrade it again. 

Why has there been no firmware fix? 

Message 30 of 53
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It's not as easy as throwing a firmware out to fix it, the entire firmware has to get tested, if there is an issue the process starts again. Rest assured we're doing what we can to get it out as fast as possible.
Message 31 of 53
Brandon2021
Tutor

Probably better to not respond. I’m sure I’m not alone in not giving an F about what is ”easy” on your end. You charge premium pricing for your products and people rightfully expect better. Especially when you market a product to do a particular thing and if fails at the very thing people invested in.
Message 32 of 53
Shadeaux
Star

Problem is, there is no error thrown during router installation.

No indication that anything went wrong when firmware is upgraded during that installation. 

And the "fix" is to try it again and cross your fingers that THIS time it will work.

I have 2 different routers XR500 (which USED to work) and XR1000 both doing the same thing. 

If the firmware upgrade breaks key features of the device, then why not pull the upgrade?

Message 33 of 53
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Shadeaux you wouldn't see an error during installation. If you're using the XR1000 then disable Armor and reboot from the interface, that can sometimes cause an error. If it was a really widespread issue then we would, looking on a support forum gives the impression it is when that's what the forum is there for to help those having issues but it represents a small percentage of users in reality.
Message 34 of 53
Shadeaux
Star

So I downgraded to the 50 version firmware that I downloaded from your site. Reset router with pin on back and started all over. I skipped the upgrade during setup. The 50 version throws exact same error.
Message 35 of 53
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Is that with Armor disabled?
Message 36 of 53
Shadeaux
Star

I have never activated armor...it shows as unactivated when I click armor icon in top right. 

I went ahead an let firmware upgrade to latest. Waited. Same result. 

Message 37 of 53
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Do you have a web based Adblocker? If so whitelist the interface, also are you forcing a connection to the interface through HTTPS?
Message 38 of 53
Shadeaux
Star

No ad blocker. No https. Multiple browsers tried. 

Message 39 of 53
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Can you provide a full screen screenshot when you're getting the error please so I can see if anything is amiss
Message 40 of 53
Shadeaux
Star

3DBBE7DD-0491-4BC7-8E70-7DB0A913D8B6.jpeg4B578CDF-4C3B-470D-8927-D7DD5A272446.jpeg

Message 41 of 53
Shadeaux
Star

Message 42 of 53
Shadeaux
Star

Message 43 of 53
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you take a full screenshot please so I can see the browser and all the interface https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots-00246869-1843-6...
Message 44 of 53
Shadeaux
Star

Message 45 of 53
Shadeaux
Star

Message 46 of 53
Shadeaux
Star

Message 47 of 53
Shadeaux
Star

Message 48 of 53
Shadeaux
Star

Everything works..except Geofilter and heatmap. 

Message 49 of 53
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I think the best thing to do would be to reinstall using TFTP and follow the method I posted here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/XR1000-GeoFilter-quot-The-Rapp-is-not-...

It's something persisting through resets so that is the best chance to resolve the source of the issue
Message 50 of 53
Discussion stats
  • 52 replies
  • 22 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E