× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR1000 - OPEN NAT NOT WORKING

HammerSludge
Aspirant

XR1000 - OPEN NAT NOT WORKING

Hi,

Need serious help on changing NAT type to OPEN. 

My network provider gave me router, in that i enabled UPnp, and added a entry for port forwarding. and as last step changing my IP to static. ie (192.XXX.X.X). My NAT Type was OPEN and worked like charm.

Got this new XR1000, Connected the XR router and the ISP router. Tried the same process by enabling UPnP, adding port forward entry, and my ipv4 addess was starting in 10 series. so updated my static ip address to (10.0.0.50). Not at all WORKING.

Tried various methods, 

1. Reset my ISP routers to default and Kept the port forwarding configurations in XR1000. -> NOT WORKING

2. Directly connected my PC with ISP router, and did all the port forwarding configurations. -> Working. (Without using XR1000)

3. Again tried connecting with XR1000, and did all the port forwarding stuffs -> Not working

Please help!!

1.png4.png3.png2.png5.png

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR1000 - OPEN NAT NOT WORKING

I can't see the images you've attached as they're not yet moderated I'm afraid.

What's the exact make and model of your ISP router/modem?

What I would suggest doing would be to remove your port forwarding rules, then put the XRs WAN IP in the ISP router/modem's DMZ. Then, make sure that IP is reserved for the XR in the ISP router/modem's LAN settings, this will ensure it doesn't change again in future.

After that, your NAT should be open.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13

All Replies
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

I can't see the images you've attached as they're not yet moderated I'm afraid.

What's the exact make and model of your ISP router/modem?

What I would suggest doing would be to remove your port forwarding rules, then put the XRs WAN IP in the ISP router/modem's DMZ. Then, make sure that IP is reserved for the XR in the ISP router/modem's LAN settings, this will ensure it doesn't change again in future.

After that, your NAT should be open.

Message 2 of 13
HammerSludge
Aspirant

Thank you so much. It worked!!

Another query. Whenever i restart my XR1000, the duma os is not working. it says "Duma OS not loaded". I will have to factory reset the router, and do all those initial setup again, then only the duma OS loads. Currenly Im in this verson "1.0.0.58_1.0.44". This happen everytime. Any fix for that?

Message 3 of 13
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Awesome, no problem!

How long approximately are you waiting after the reboot before accessing the interface? I'd suggest leaving it a good few minutes otherwise you would definitely expect to see the 'DumaOS has not loaded yet' splash page.

Message 4 of 13
HammerSludge
Aspirant

I left it for around around 15 to 20 minutes. Should I wait for another 20min?
Message 5 of 13
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

No that should be plenty enough, perhaps try clearing cach and refreshing the browser. The browser may have cached that splash page for some reason.

Message 6 of 13
HammerSludge
Aspirant

Im sorry. No it does not work. Cleared cookies and cache. tried different browser. Waited for long time. Still "Duma OS not loaded".

Message 7 of 13
HammerSludge
Aspirant

It comes like this. Pls help

DumaOS not loaded yet!

Don't worry we will redirect you shortly.

TR-1 TH-1 DR-0

Message 8 of 13
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

When you restart the router how do you do that - using button on the back, pulling the power or via the interface?

Do you have Armor enabled?
Message 9 of 13
HammerSludge
Aspirant

I tried with the mobile app to restart the modem, also i used the button in the router. Both were giving me same problem. 

No. Armor is not activated

Message 10 of 13
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Go to the System Information page and then in the Rapp panel menu ≡ change the retries to 5, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes before accessing and see if it works then please.
Message 11 of 13
HammerSludge
Aspirant

Hi sorry for the delayed response. It is working great now. 

My analysis:

The problem i faced was, if i restart my router, DumaOS not loaded error appears and thats it. And nothing comes back until i factory reset my XR1000 and do all the initial setup of DumaOS again.

After all the factory resets, i was keeping on using the nighthawk app(Everytime newly installed from play store) to setup the router/dumaOs through WIFI connection. If i do that, the problem comes again and again.

Then at one point when this problem was raised again, rather than using the app, i factory resetted the router and connected the router to my PC through LAN and completed the setup of router/DumaOS. After that NO ISSUES. i restarted the router like 10 times, it was not at all giving me the issue. and as a last step just as an addon i did this "Rapp panel menu ≡ change the retries to 5" as you suggested. 

Also one point to note is that, Whenever i had this problem, Inside SystemInformation -> Systeminfo panel does not work. It was giving an error. But after the problem was fixed, that was also coming perfectly.

Hope this helps incase if you need it. And I really appreciate the immediate response from @Netduma-Fraser . 100.

Message 12 of 13
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for letting us know, glad to hear it appears to be working better for you now!

In future it's generally best to complete the setup through a web browser, although full app functionality will be coming in future!

Message 13 of 13
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7