× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR1000 Random reboots\ disconnects with USB attached

JesteryJeff
Tutor

XR1000 Random reboots\ disconnects with USB attached

As the title suggest I am having problems with my XR1000 rebooting and disconnecting devices out of the box. I'm running the latest firmware 1.0.0.52_1.0.38 . The only time this happens is when a device is connect to the usb port. I wanted to connect a HDD to the router to act as a home server type of deal. Everything works for a little while, then nothing works, ethernet and wifi devices no longer connected to router and router no longer responsive. Eventually the router reboots and everything connects until the next fault. I am unable to grab any useful logs.  I have a usb 3.0, 12TB western digital HDD connected with NTFS filesystem. I also noticed when trying to HTTPS or FTP over the internet via my ip address the most i can get is a page showing the directory. If I try to open directory i get a not responding webpage error. I tried to set ftp with my note 20 but it wouldnt login. I would really like to get this usb feature working as it would work geat with my kodi setup and well a place to store important stuff from all my computers. Without anything connected to usb router works as intended.

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

This could insinuate that it is taking to much power, 12TB is pretty hefty! Do you have the router connected directly to a power outlet or through an extender? If an extender try direct to the wall and see if that resolves the issue.
Message 2 of 4
JesteryJeff
Tutor

The router is plugged directly into a wall AC outlet. The Harddrive also has its own power source if that is what youre asking. i would assume if it were a power thing the device would stop responding when i first plug it in and it's demanding the most power. Actuallly thinking about it, it might be when it puts the device to sleep due to inactivity? 

Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

That could well be the problem, is there any possibility that you can configure the external drive to not go to sleep after a certain amount of time of inactivity?

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7