× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR1000 doesn’t work with IP V6 pass through

Cljack3
Tutor

XR1000 doesn’t work with IP V6 pass through

Netduma Team the XR1000 doesn’t work with IP V6 pass through. This is a known issue reported for over a year. My XR 500 works fine. I simply swap the 2 and boom works on the XR 500. The XR 1000 loses IP V6 almost immediately. Swapping cables, changing MAC addresses won’t address this issue. Take a look at the XR 500 configuration and identify the difference. The XR 1000 IP V6 capability was not implemented in the same way as the XR 500.

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded on the XR500 and XR1000?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What ISP service do you use? 

This is a NG issue and not a NetDuma issue. 

I've passed this onto NG for review. 

Message 2 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

As above it's something for NG to look into but have you tried the other methods available for IPv6 in case one of those works better on the 1000?
Message 3 of 8
Cljack3
Tutor

Re: XR1000 doesn’t work with IP V6 pass thro

I’ve tried the same configuration on both routers pass through and auto detect. This configuration works fine for the XR 500. If I switch to the newer XR 1000 it longer works. I’ve done a factory reset, had the internet company (Comcast Infinity) reset my cable modem, no dice. I have my device connected via lan Ethernet cable that was tested. IP V6 does appear to work better on when connected to XR 1000 WiFi. IP V6 works fine on the XR 500 WiFi and Ethernet connections, which leads me to believe that something’s wrong with the XR 10000.

At this point, I’ve given up on Netgear and moved on to Asus. They provide regular firmware updates for fixes and security vulnerabilities. Sometime Netgear takes over a year to release firmware. This put’s the security of my home network in an undesirable situation. I’m not blaming the Netduma team since it’s clearly Netgear missing the ball on customer support.

Message 4 of 8
Cljack3
Tutor

The latest version of the firmware on both routers. Comcast infinity is the ISP. This issue has already been reported by several customers on numerous forums:

February 9th 2021: IP V6 not working on the XR 1000 

XR 1000 unable to keep IP V6 Address 

XR 1000 dropping IP V6 

To name a few. 

Message 5 of 8
Cljack3
Tutor

Re: XR1000 doesn’t work with IPV6 pass through

Message 6 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: XR1000 doesn’t work with IPV6 pass through

This is passed to NG. 

Thanks.

Message 7 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR1000 doesn’t work with IP V6 pass thro

Sorry to hear that, I do hope once a new firmware is out that you'll consider trying it again
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7