× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR1000 error

Christiaan11
Apprentice

XR1000 error

Hi all,

Since a while I have the Nighthawk XR1000. Overall I'm disappointed of what it can do but that's another discussion. 

since a while I now have the error below. I thought it was just an web interface error but I also noticed that the geo filter its;t working anymore. Not sure it's related with this issue?

TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'i.generateKey')

Thanks for the support. 

Message 1 of 20

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR1000 error

Okay so Safari forces HTTPS which is why you will have been getting those errors, the interface works best through HTTP.

Try this for the Geo-Filter:

Quit game back to the console dashboard
Remove device from the Geo-Filter
Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
Wait 2 minutes
Boot up game

Then see if it works better.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 20

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What browser are you using? Happens in different browsers? 

Message 2 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What pages is this error appearing on specifically? What web browser/device are you using to access? Are you using Armor? Could you expand on what you mean by the Geo-Filter isn't working - is it showing an error?
Message 3 of 20
Christiaan11
Apprentice

Firmware is the following: XR1000 1.0.0.64_1.0.49

The modem it's connected to is a Connectbox Giga / Eurodocsis 3.1 modem from Ziggo in Netherlands. 

I have to say at the start I didn't have this issue at all. It started to occur later. 

Thanks!

Message 4 of 20
Christiaan11
Apprentice

Thanks for the reply. 

• Error is showing on each of the DUMA UI pages in the web interface. The regular settings I can access without an issue. 
  • When I get the error I click OK and can interact with the interface. 
  • I'm using Safari browser on Mac. 
  • Geo filter isn't working as I used to see it connect to servers in the Duma UA. Now while gaming it stays blanc. I removed the profile and added my PS5 again but it is still not working. 
  • I'm not using Armor. I do have the license, but when I tried to turn it on using the app it gives me a time out. 
Message 5 of 20
Christiaan11
Apprentice

Ok, switching to Chrome solved the TypeError issue. Maybe it's a cache thing in Safari. Will have a look!

GeoFilter however is still not working. Will looking for a game no servers show up while it is connecting to one on my PS5. I did remove and add the profile again in Chrome. 

Message 6 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay so Safari forces HTTPS which is why you will have been getting those errors, the interface works best through HTTP.

Try this for the Geo-Filter:

Quit game back to the console dashboard
Remove device from the Geo-Filter
Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
Wait 2 minutes
Boot up game

Then see if it works better.
Message 7 of 20
Christiaan11
Apprentice

Thanks again for the tips. I did all that but unfortunately it's still not working. No servers are showing up on the interface. 

Message 8 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you provide a screenshot of your Geo-Filter page, including the browser (so no cropping) please?
Message 9 of 20
Christiaan11
Apprentice

print screen attached

Message 10 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you show the top of the Geo-Filter page as well please?
Message 11 of 20
Christiaan11
Apprentice

ah sorry, missed that part. See attached. 

Message 12 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for that, all looks good from what I can see. Can you check the IP on the console itself and then check the device you think it is on the Device Manager matches that IP please?
Message 13 of 20
Christiaan11
Apprentice

I also just noticed ping heat map is also  giving a timeout. 

Message 14 of 20
Christiaan11
Apprentice

Checked the IP and they indeed match up

Message 15 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Have you put the console or any other device in the DMZ or do you have Traffic Controller rules for the console? What is the timeout message you're getting?
Message 16 of 20
Christiaan11
Apprentice

Rebooted the router again and everything is working again! 

One final question: I noticed IPs change all the time. I have loads of offline devices on the network tab. I now fixed the PS5 one but I was assuming the router would always try to reserve IPs. 

Message 17 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Great to hear that! Routers don't reserve IPs automatically, generally a device might keep the same IP but once the DHCP lease renews the IP can change. It doesn't really matter that it changes honestly as long as there isn't a feature where specifying an IP is a necessity - then you would want to reserve it.
Message 18 of 20
Christiaan11
Apprentice

Thanks. So the geo filter doesn’t rely on the IP to be fixed? So it will still work if the ip of the PlayStation changes?
Message 19 of 20
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

That's correct, that's the intended and expected behaviour.

Message 20 of 20
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7