× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR1000 geo filter and ping heat map not working

Birdizdaword
Aspirant

XR1000 geo filter and ping heat map not working

I've never been able to get the geo-filter or ping heat map to work, it just comes up with the below error. I've tried a few things based on previous threads non the same topic:

- increased the retry attempts to 5 and rebooted

- factory reset

- rolled back to previous version of the firmware and then upgraded to current.

- cleared caches and tried incognito window. 

- pretty much every browser, 3 different PCs and a bunch of IOS devices and all the same error.

Other than these Rapps it all works perfectly. Any ideas?

Birdizdaword_0-1665196999021.png

Message 1 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

So don't use Safari as that will force HTTPS which won't work well, it's possible other browsers are trying to do that as well so make sure you're using HTTP to access?
Are you using Armor by any chance?
Message 2 of 7
Birdizdaword
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. I just tried on Microsoft edge and chrome and got the same error. I'm not using Armor.

Birdizdaword_0-1665234324202.png

Message 3 of 7
Birdizdaword
Aspirant

Log says this a bunch of times if that helps: 

Oct 8 23:06:18 XR1000 user.warn com.netdumasoftware.procmanager: Rapp com.netdumasoftware.ngdilsync has not responded to watchdog 136

Oct 8 23:06:58 XR1000 user.warn com.netdumasoftware.procmanager: Rapp com.netdumasoftware.pingheatmap has not responded to watchdog 136

Message 4 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I can't see the image until it's been moderated. Could you unpin all panels from the dashboard, where possible, disable QoS fully from the Congestion Control 3 line option menu (each QoS panel should then say QoS disabled if done right), reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes then access and see if it still happens please.
Message 5 of 7
Birdizdaword
Aspirant

Done the above, waited 5 mins and rebooted. Unfortunately still the same issue and log still has that watchdog 38 issue.

Message 6 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you try reuploading the firmware via TFTP please? Between steps 7 & 8 of the guide hold the reset button and continue holding until step 9 where the LED flashes 10 times. https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-do-I-upload-firmware-to-my-NETGEAR-router-using-TFTP-from-the-M...

It might take a few tries to get it but once you've managed it, wait a few minutes then do a factory reset and see if the interface works without error.
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7