× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR1000 haserl CGI Error

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR1000 haserl CGI Error

I'm unsure when you're seeing that error exactly, is it when you execute step 3? Try doing so using Windows TFTP instead https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP
Does it reset if you reboot accessing the interface via a PC?
Message 26 of 56
SillyMo
Tutor

Do yourself a favor and return this POS.  I've gone through 2 XR700s and now 3 XR1000s.  They all exhibit the same DNS issue that Netgear has been working on for more than a year.  The config issue you are running in to, is also a known issue that Netgear hasn't fixed either. 

Message 27 of 56
patrickbedgood
Apprentice

Will a replacement resolve or move away from this model router?
Message 28 of 56
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The haserl error should be resolvable via TFTP, if not then a replacement should resolve it yes
Message 29 of 56
patrickbedgood
Apprentice

Ok,

So thank you for recommending I return my XR1000, received my replacement today and I tested rebooting via the mobile app and the router kept my config after the reboot.
Message 30 of 56
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

OK thanks for letting us know, give us a shout if you need any further assistance.

Message 31 of 56
patrickbedgood
Apprentice

Will do! 

Thank you

Message 32 of 56
patrickbedgood
Apprentice

Has anyone noticed the DNS flaws in the XR1000 series? If the router reboots, it will not keep each device hostname that you set and save, instead it renames the devices jibberish!
Message 33 of 56
SillyMo
Tutor

Yup.  The whole XR line is plagued with issues.

Message 34 of 56
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@patrickbedgood is this happening if you reboot the router from the interface?
Message 35 of 56
patrickbedgood
Apprentice

I just received ths new router 2 days ago, gues what error message I received this morning when trying to login to the router?

haserl CGI Error

Failed to readline from 'config get DumaOS_Theme_Version'

I have a feeling I need to try and return router to best buy and go back to my AX3000 series, just a dissapointment! 

Model: A6150|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 36 of 56
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Had you updated or changed any settings specifically yesterday? If you reboot the router does that resolve the error.
Message 37 of 56
patrickbedgood
Apprentice

No changes at all, just wanted to login via web this morning to take a look at some connected devices and could not login due to that error, cleared cache in all web browsers and same error. So, I rebooted router from the mobile app because it was still working and upon reboot, the router reset its config back to factory defaults again. I’ve been through this process so many times already so I’ve just removed the router and installed my AX3000 NightHawk back. I’m returning this router for refund, appreciate all the help along the way but another user on the community mentioned he had same issue and ended up returning 3 devices to Netgear.
Message 38 of 56
patrickbedgood
Apprentice

How can I return for refund back to Best Buy since I have new serial number?
Message 39 of 56
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sorry to hear that, you would need to consult with Best Buys return policy regarding that
Message 40 of 56
patrickbedgood
Apprentice

I called NetGear and they only allow exchange of router. I will try Best Buy, their original return policy was 15 days but now that I have this new serial number, I've only had this new router since Tuesday 6/8/21. Maybe Best Buy will honor or allow me to exhange for another router model. Thanks again 

Message 41 of 56
jhdez317
Tutor

I had this same issue a month ago with myu XR500 which i had without issues for about 1 and a half years then i started getting very very bad connection, after doing the factory reset i would set my admin/password and try to log in immediately after to configure it and the:

error would come up, so I upgraded to the XR1000, it has been about a month and a half, i am getting 2.4ghz speed of 0.8mbps and 5ghz speed of above 100mbps at the second floor of my house,  so i came downstairs and tested again with only slightly better results (i have 1gbps internet speed). When i tried to adjust the settings I got the same error: 

I think this duma thing is just bad, im going to return the router and get a Linksys or the ROG. Absolutely disappointed, what a waste of $350, luckily i am within the return period. I'll never use a netgear product again.

Message 42 of 56
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Sorry to hear of your experience and feelings towards the XR1000 - did you try fully disabling QoS from the three-line menu in Congestion Control and re-test the speeds? If you'd like to troubleshoot this issue please let us know and we'd be happy to help.

Message 43 of 56
patrickbedgood
Apprentice

Yes
Message 44 of 56
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Apologies, that was in response to jhdez. 

What did Best Buy say in regards to your return?

Message 45 of 56
patrickbedgood
Apprentice

They are allowing me to return for store credit.
Message 46 of 56
jhdez317
Tutor

so, I was working on moving my game room upstairs and I unplugged power to the router. When I plugged it back in the networks name changed to Netgear and Netgear-5G, some weird stuff man. So i had to do a factory reset. looks like it is not letting me log in to DUMA OS/Configuration page. Im gonna keep it for now, one more chance, but man are these gaming routers finicky as hell.

Message 47 of 56
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@jhdez317 it sounds like the sudden loss of power caused a partial reset, best way to counteract this is setup everything, then reboot the router from the interface. This will act as a hard save in the case that you need to unplug the router. The default admin / password interface details aren't working?
Message 48 of 56
SillyMo
Tutor

After sitting without issues, this is now happening again.

I tried to log in to the router and i get the same hasserl CGI error I did before.  😞

Message 49 of 56
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

What firmware version are you currently running? Netgear released a new firmware for the XR1000 a few days ago, have you updated to that automatically? You can find it here if not: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/xr1000.aspx#Firmware%20Version%201.0.0.58

Please ensure you factory reset after the upgrade!

Message 50 of 56
Discussion stats
  • 55 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7