× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR1000 haserl CGI Error

patrickbedgood
Apprentice

Re: XR1000 haserl CGI Error

I ended up moving to the Tp Link Archer AX11000, best decision I ever made. You can reboot this router and don’t have to worry about config wipes
Message 51 of 56
jhdez317
Tutor

I ended up using the geek squad protection to return my nighthawk router and got a Linksys - Max-Stream AX6000 Mesh Wi-Fi 6 Router. It working great so far.
Message 52 of 56
rdnckreaper
Aspirant

I just had this exact same issue happen to mine last night. I was downloading several steam games and browsing the internet then all of a sudden the internet went out. I attempted to log into my router and got this 'Failed to readline from 'config get DumaOS_Theme_Version'. Upon further research I rebooted the router via the Nighthawk app and now my router is completely reset. I was unable to log in with my set username/password and had to use admin/password. I ran through the initial setup like the day I got it. Now I am receiving the same error and can no longer log in. I am able to get in via http://192.168.1.1/adv_index.htm and everything is gone. I have an at home business on top of my wife and I both have jobs where we work from home and they are internet intensive. We also have an automated home which puts the connected devices close to 60. Whatever this bug is has completely ruined my sunday as I now have to attempt to reset ALL of my assigned IPs and all of my port forwarding.

How did all of this happen? Was is because I had auto update firmware on and it is too stupid to realize there was a lot of traffic but it updated anyway and the update had packet loss? Will a factory reset actually give me my router back where I can spend the 3 hours setting it all back up again? Is there anyone with Netgear or Duma that actually cares that there are customers leaving Netgear over this lack of bug fixing?

Message 53 of 56
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Auto Update usually occurs during the night so it would not impact people as much. If you're going to do a factory reset then I would suggest reupgrading the firmware using the TFTP method, this bypasses the boot process and any issues there then once done do a factory reset for the freshest install possible and see if that makes it more stable for you: https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP
Message 54 of 56
SillyMo
Tutor

Again with this error on a warranty replaced unit.  This is beyond ridiculous.  This is literally the 6th Netgear DumaOS router because they keep having issues.

After rebooting it, it decided to maser reset itself.  Utter junk.

Run through setup.  It seems to setup fine but doesn't detect an update, even though there is one  Install update and now it does is say "Uncaught TypeError: $(...)[0].getApp is not a function."  Seriously how does this keep getting worse?

Message 55 of 56
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

How did you reboot it? Using the button on the back or through the interface? I'd suggest doing it through the interface.

What firmware version is it currently running that you can't update from? You could also try download the latest firmware from support.netgear.com and manually do the upgrade.

Message 56 of 56
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 55 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7